keithbar

New Year's resolutions

I was talking with a friend of mine on the phone the other day and he asked me if I had made any new years resolutions I jokingly came back with. yeah not to die in 2015. reflecting back on that comment I probably should not have made it cuz I've never kept a single damn new years resolution I've ever made:o
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

D22369

DOH!!!!

lol, well now you have real motivation to keep one :D

Roy

Well, if he breaks it, that will be the last one he breaks.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***DOH!!!!

lol, well now you have real motivation to keep one :D

Roy

Well, if he breaks it, that will be the last one he breaks.:|

So - where do we log in our bets?:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

My New Year's resolution is to not make New Year's resolutions.

Aaaaand now I just broke it. Oh well!
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

kallend

Some idiot writing in today's paper says that we should make "mission statements" instead. BARF!

That didn't work very well for Jerry.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I don't think I've ever made one. Seems like a resolution should be made when it's right to make it (which rarely coincides with new year). And that way if I falter, I can just start up again the same day.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Back in IN I had a membership with a local YMCA to use their nice, big room full of Nautilus equipment.

EVERY damned January, the friggin' New-Years-resolutionists would clog up the place.>:(
I finally learned to just stop going from New Years until mid-February when they were gone.B|

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

wmw999

I don't think I've ever made one. Seems like a resolution should be made when it's right to make it (which rarely coincides with new year). And that way if I falter, I can just start up again the same day.

Wendy P.

Yep - that's how I do it too! :)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Meso

My New Years resolution is to make Dropzone.com more friendly on your mobile resolutions.

That would be nice. Like a Dropzone.com app... Where we don't have to zoom in and out and shit like that. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

***My New Years resolution is to make Dropzone.com more friendly on your mobile resolutions.

That would be nice. Like a Dropzone.com app... Where we don't have to zoom in and out and shit like that. B|

Nooooo, not an app. Just a mobile-friendly site. Well, both is fine, but never an app at the expense of the site.
cavete terrae.

grue

Nooooo, not an app.

Agreed.
I have a HUGE pet peeve about every damned website trying to shove yet another app down my throat. I already *have* an app; It's called a "browser".>:(

ryoder

Nooooo, not an app.

Agreed.
I have a HUGE pet peeve about every damned website trying to shove yet another app down my throat. I already *have* an app; It's called a "browser".>:(

Yup. If the app doesn't add actual, valuable functionality over the site it's useless imo. Worse than useless actually, because chances are that it's slower than a real browser. Case in point: Facebook. m.facebook.com is dramatically faster than using the facebook app, without the annoying autoplay shit, without forcing people to use messenger, etc.
cavete terrae.

grue

Nooooo, not an app.

Agreed.

Yup. If the app doesn't add actual, valuable functionality over the site it's useless imo. Worse than useless actually, because chances are that it's slower than a real browser. Case in point: Facebook. m.facebook.com is dramatically faster than using the facebook app, without the annoying autoplay shit, without forcing people to use messenger, etc.

I see that now. I remember trying out the Facebook app on the iPad and decided it was fucking crap.

Whatever works best in a format that makes browsing easier without the pages loading super tiny... This is how it looks on my Blackberry Q10...

Now shrink that 50%... :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban