grue

Road trip in the southeastern USA - the boring parts?

JohnMitchell

Wow, I thought the 350+ miles of I-80 thru southern Wyoming was bad.

I-80 across Northern NV bores me to death.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Oh yeah, that one's not much better, but at least you can hit the slot machines at every gas station. :D We used to skydive out at Wendover. A whole lot of nothin' out there. :)
By the time you've crossed Nevada, you're so close to Hell you can see Sparks. :P

JohnMitchell

Oh yeah, that one's not much better, but at least you can hit the slot machines at every gas station. :DWe used to skydive out at Wendover. A whole lot of nothin' out there. :)
By the time you've crossed Nevada, you're so close to Hell you can see Sparks. :P

THEY... just want you to believe that:D:D

My husband and I are doing that right now. But yesterday we got a nice jump in at Tooele, walked on the Bonneville Salt Flats (worth the drive right there), and hiked and camped in the Thomas Canyon campground outside Elko. The stream side hike was full of enough wildflowers to be a garden, and there was an impressive complex of beaver lodges across the stream.
Stellar view outside the RV.
It's pretty flat and straight here, but tonight we're staying at a B&B where they'll meet us with wine and cheese.

So far I'm liking I-80 :)
Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)