JerryBaumchen

Give it a try

Hi folks,

If yuo can raed tihs, you hvae a sgtrane mnid, too.

Can you raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

:P

Just for the their, there, they're folks.

Jerry Baumchen

I can read this fine, just as I can read a post on Facebook that was upside down And backward. But I guess I am weird that way. Might be why I was going to psychiatrist in 3rd and 4th grade. Might be why I don't know English compensation well. Take your pick.:P

Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

This is just a feature of a massively parallel meatputer. It's used to getting sensory inputs in fairly random order and rearranging them to make sense. As far as I can tell, continuity is an illusion, with the system working behind the scenes to make it seem like everything seems to be happening at the same time, even though different sense data may take more or less time to process.

I'm a bit surprised more people can't deal with a paragraph like this. Perhaps it has something to do with how I was trained to read. I got put in some experimental speed reading program in 7th grade that tried to get you to look at progressively larger chunks of text and parse out the meaning faster and faster. I never got really good at it, but I usually scan at the word level pretty quickly. If I slow down, it's harder to read what you have written here.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

JerryBaumchen

Hi Lisa,

How the heck did you do that w/o spell check giving you hissy-fits?

1. I have learned the hard way to NEVER use the spell checker on this site.

2. It came from another forum that I go to a lot.

But it was a lot of fun,

Jerry Baumchen

For the life of me, I still cannot figure out that word. :$

I'll probably whack myself when someone clues me in, because then it will make perfect sense. :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9