gowlerk

Distillery strike

Don't panic people....but. This distillery is 2 miles from my home DZ. Crown Royal is our favourite whiskey. I know it ages for years, but still, I feel a chill in my soul.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/crown-royal-production-halted-after-strike-371152891.html
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

Don't panic people....but. This distillery is 2 miles from my home DZ. Crown Royal is our favourite whiskey. I know it ages for years, but still, I feel a chill in my soul.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/crown-royal-production-halted-after-strike-371152891.html

It's Canadian beer - so . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***Don't panic people....but. This distillery is 2 miles from my home DZ. Crown Royal is our favourite whiskey. I know it ages for years, but still, I feel a chill in my soul.

Oh.... you strike at my Canadian heart and soul. Our whiskey got many of your people though the tragedy of Prohibition. And now you stoop to calling Crown Royal beer. You, you...hard shelled reptile.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Love me some Crown!B|
I'd also LOVE to get a 4.5% raise this year....I'll be lucky to see 2% again.
If it's like my employer, those of us non-represented employees are on the short list for replacing striking union employees.
Hopefully, this will get sorted in short order.

normiss

Love me some Crown!B|
If it's like my employer, those of us non-represented employees are on the short list for replacing striking union employees.

The 4.5% is over three years. I don't know the history, or if there is any justification for the strike. Gimli is a pretty cheap place to live though.

gowlerk

***Love me some Crown!B|

The 4.5% is over three years. I don't know the history, or if there is any justification for the strike. Gimli is a pretty cheap place to live though.I live in S. California and usually get 3% a yr. and barely keep up w/ inflation. Canadas' outlook. Do the math at 1.5 % a yr. raise. Will miss the crown but I prefer Knob Creek anyway. :P

Canada | Economic Forecasts | 2016-2020 Outlook

Overview

Actual

Q1/16

Q2/16

Q3/16

Q4/16

GDP Growth Rate 0.20 0.3 0.2 0.6 0.5 0.5 percent [+]
Unemployment Rate 7.20 7 7.1 7 7.2 6.7 percent [+]
Inflation Rate 2.00 1.9 2 1.5 2.1 2.1 percent [+]
Interest Rate 0.50 0.5 0.25 0.25 0.25 2 percent [+]
Balance of Trade -655.00 -1029 -991 -2495 -1998 -1585 CAD Million [+]
Government Debt to GDP 86.51 86.53 86.95 87.37 87.79 89.53 percent [+]
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I don't think there will be a shortage of Crown. There is a lot of it sitting in the dozens of warehouse buildings at the site. All filled with racks of oak casks filled with slowly aging whiskey. Maybe in 3 or 4 years or so they will have to cheat a little on the aging time to cover the strike period.

They don't bottle it there, they ship it out in rail cars to a bottling plant near Windsor.

normiss

Love me some Crown!B|

Hopefully the employees will prevail and get better wages and working conditions. I'm hoping the middle class will someday flourish again.

"The Scots are renowned for their whisky but, for the second year in a row, whisky from another country has been named the best in the world.

Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye, a Canadian malt whisky, was awarded 97.5 marks out of 100 in Jim Murray's Whisky Bible, earning it the title of world whisky of the year....

Whisky expert Murray tasted more than 1000 whiskies before deciding on the Crown Royal and called it a masterpiece: "Rye, that most eloquent of grains, not just turning up to charm and enthral but to also take us through a routine which reaches new heights of beauty and complexity.

"To say this is a masterpiece is barely doing it justice."...

Yvonne Briese, Vice President of Crown Royal said: "Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye showcases the rye whisky that has been such an integral component of the Crown Royal Deluxe blend since 1939. This is a testament to the unbelievable blending and distilling that’s been taking place in Gimli for over 75 years.

"We are thrilled that Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye has been named World Whisky of the Year."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/news/scots-left-reeling-as-canadian-whisky-named-worlds-best/

The Premier of Manitoba should order them back to work and if they refuse! Fire Them.

A good Rye Whiskey is the right of the world. Not to be infringed by a few.

The Premier of Manitoba should order them back to work and if they refuse! Fire Them.

Manitoba has an NDP Premier (Leftish). Beside, the guys with the secret knowledge are on strike too, not just the grunts. Whiskey making is not just science, it's art as well.

I seem to recall Ronald Reagan firing all the ATC controllers who went on strike, but that was different. It wasn't an option to go on strike. Those jobs are absolutely needed to keep the skies safe.

Booze makers, well its the company's call whether to fire them or meet them in arbitration.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

gowlerk

******Don't panic people....but. This distillery is 2 miles from my home DZ. Crown Royal is our favourite whiskey. I know it ages for years, but still, I feel a chill in my soul.

Oh.... you strike at my Canadian heart and soul. Our whiskey got many of your people though the tragedy of Prohibition. And now you stoop to calling Crown Royal beer. You, you...hard shelled reptile.

No - your whiskey is good - . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

*********Don't panic people....but. This distillery is 2 miles from my home DZ. Crown Royal is our favourite whiskey. I know it ages for years, but still, I feel a chill in my soul.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelers.

turtlespeed

************Don't panic people....but. This distillery is 2 miles from my home DZ. Crown Royal is our favourite whiskey. I know it ages for years, but still, I feel a chill in my soul.

Awwww....maybe your shell is not as hard as I thought.

gowlerk

***************Don't panic people....but. This distillery is 2 miles from my home DZ. Crown Royal is our favourite whiskey. I know it ages for years, but still, I feel a chill in my soul.

Awwww....maybe your shell is not as hard as I thought.

You can always depend on Forty Creek, or Pendleton.