JerryBaumchen

Nothing is forever

JerryBaumchen

Hi folks,

As a teenager in the 50's, I learned a LOT from this magazine: http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/playboy-will-no-longer-publish-nude-photos-report-n443321

;)

Jerry Baumchen

I actually bought Playboy and Penthouse for the articles. Hustler was for spanking the monkey.:oHustler did have some good reading too tho.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

A few years back a found a file sharing site that had many old Playboy magazines digitized. It was interesting to check out some of the early editions -- from the '50s through the '60s-- so incredibly mild compared to today's standards. A few breasts, a little nudity with legs discretely crossed, that sort of thing.

Far more cheesy cartoons than girls. Some articles could be pretty long, like a 15+ page interview in the late '60s with an author of a book on the Kennedy assassination. The magazines were also fun to skim through for the advertisements -- the hard liquor, the aftershave, the cigarettes, hi-fi's & records etc.

Interesting to compare the legend to what the magazines actually looked like back in another era.

Hi Flying,

Back when Playboy started out, that was the only place to get them.

As someone who was there then, I can assure you that there were no exposed vaginas in Playboy.

It has long been known that the partially clad nude woman is more sexy than the fully exposed woman.

As a guy, you should know that,

Jerry Baumchen

oldwomanc6

******The month I was born, Playboy had TWO Centerfold Playmates. B|

You mean...like...twins???:o:)
No, two centerfold pics. Mara Corday and Pat Sheehan. I think it's the only time where there was more than one Playmate of the Month, and they weren't twins.

They should have been.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

ryoder

It's going to be interesting cleaning out my parents' house when the time comes, which isn't too far off in the future. Dad has subscribed to Playboy magazine since the year it came out. :S:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban