Evelyn

How long does a jumpsuit last?

I've had my Bev suit for almost 150 jumps and it still looks brand new, no seams coming apart or anything. It looks just like the day I got it. And I wash it every week even though someone told me it would last longer if I didn't wash it too much, but I like to start out clean. So just wondering can you get hundreds of jumps out of a jump suit, or maybe thousands. When do they start to fall apart. I'm in no hurry to get a new one, love mine. Just wanted to know when I should expect to need to get another.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

Working for a jumpsuit manufacture I saw many suits that lasted 1000's of jumps, and others that lasted just a few hundred.

Tips:

1) Washing it does wear it out. I'd say once a week isn't too bad, I go a couple weeks.

2) Don't pack in it.

3) Try not to crash land in it.

4) get small damage fixed early. Then it doesn't get worse.

5) Never ever dry it in a dryer. The Nylon products hate heat. Wash it in cold as well.

A well constructed suit should last a long time. I still have my frist custom suit.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Depends on the suit and how well you take care of it. I've seen suits start coming apart in 30 jumps and others will last a long time. My RW suit is a Merlin Suit which has held up great. I've put probably around 300 jumps and have 20+ hours in the tunnel with it. I've also slid in on it (not recommended) on downwind swoops. A well built jumpsuit should hold up for a while and Bev is known for very high quality suits.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

i have a bevsuit and a DaKine suit, each with many hundreds of jumps on them. The only thing that's been a problem is knees (from packing in them, doh! ) and the butt of my bef suit from sliding in tandems (it was a freefly suit originally.

I beat the hell out of my suits, but they're lasted a combined 1600 jumps with mothing more than a couple of patches in the aforementioned areas.

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

I've got almost 1,600 jumps on a Hawk suit (my first suit). It's really showing it's age though--right knee is ripped from seam to seam, left bootie zipper is sewn shut, main zipper blows apart all the time, left arn gripper is tearing off, spandex is blown out, cordura is pulling away from front of booties, and lots of tears on back of legs.

Only good thing is the bootie leather because I'm on the third set for the suit!

Blue skies,

Jim