fundgh

Bungee Thingy between your cheeks

My Mirage G3 does not have the little bungee between my leg staps and it needs it. It has the fully articulated harness, and when I transition between HDand sit, I can find a leg stap under my knee. What is the easiest and what is the best solution? It doesn't even have loops sewn into the padding to start with. Can I just sew on some loops made out of seam tape or closing loop (pull up chord) ribbons?
...FUN FOR ALL!

In the mean time....I have also seen people use a pull-up cord and tie the two leg straps together. In fact that is a permanent solution for some jumpers...

I think when Jesus said "love your enemy" he probably meant don't kill them.

If you know how to sew... yes, you can sew type 3 loops to the Binding Tape of your legstraps. Use another rig as a model.

Your rigger could probably do it a little easier and it would only take few minutes.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

pull up cord is a bad permanent solution. i know people that got there hackey entangled with someones pull up cord. resultinfg in a broken fib/tib.

A guy at my DZ used a pull up cord and got something more attached to him caught up in the cord. So it was a pretty painful ride down.

Patrick

If you know how to sew... yes, you can sew type 3 loops to the Binding Tape of your legstraps. Use another rig as a model.

Your rigger could probably do it a little easier and it would only take few minutes.

Not to mention having your rigger do it won't void the TSO. Only appropriately-rated riggers and manufactuers can legally work on gear.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

Why do some need these and some don't? My boyfriend has a voodoo and it fits him well enough that he doesn't have this issue. My Javelin, otoh, absolutely needs one or I have the same problem with transitions:(

So, is it a brand thing? A fit thing?
thx.
Angela.

I would say it's more of a fit thing. My Mirage G3 Unisyn doesn't have the butt-bungee and my legstraps never move during a sit, HD, or transitions.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

So, is it a brand thing? A fit thing?

I don't think it's a brand thing. I have a G4 and don't need it at all. I think it's an articulation thing. In my experience those that complain about it have articulated harnesses. (and those that complain about leg strap "slippage" have stainless steel hardware) Those options cost more than price, in my opinion.

t
It's the year of the Pig.