Krissy

i'm so addicted!

Hey everyone. I've been browsing the forums here for awhile and thought it was about time I introduced myself. I did two tandem jumps in 24 hours at two dz's on thanksgiving. I started my AFF yesterday and completed levels 1 and 2.

I'm going back tomorrow to do some tunnel time before I complete level 3. I can't believe how this sport has changed my life. My void has been filled!!B|

why did you go to 2 different DZs (just out of curiosity)? very cool though! glad you're not throwing any more $ to Tandems when you could be on your way to getting licensed :)
GoOd LuCk!
~hollywood

Thanks. I was on my way to Arizona and had scheduled to jump there. I told a friend of mine who jumps a lot at Perris what my plan was. He suggested I stop in Perris to do my first jump on my way to Arizona. I couldn't resist;)
I was so bummed I didn't know about AFF when I did my tandem. What a waste of money. I couldn't imagine doing another tandem after flying alone. I'm very lucky though, I'm able to work as much overtime as I want. My boss doesn't know it yet, but he is supporting my habit...or should I say addiction?!?

Now now, at least let the girl get into the sport before you show here what real pigs we are. We don't want to scare her away like we did the last one. Shhh.

Don't worry, I'm a quick learner ;) I kinda like that about this sport! It was a great weekend of jumping....I just got my license!! :)

I am glad you had a good weekend Krissy (what do you like, kris,krissy?). I didn't do much this weekend. 4 jumps on Sat. one two way coach jump and 3 4-ways. Sat. night, went out with the team (Wissota Shockers). I don't drink, so I drove everyone to the bar and hung out, had dinner, then got them back to the house and to bed. I'm such a parent yaknow. Sunday was cold and cloady, so no one came out but me and my scheduled pilot. Mat is a new skydiver and pilot. We talked for about 2 hours, about skydivin and flying. Then I sent him home and closed the DZ for the day. I spent the rest of the day doing things with my 5 yr old daughter. This weekend is our annual club meeting. We vote in our club officers and talk about new club biz. I am current Pres. I hope to maintain my position, but don't really care to much. I do the same stuff even if I am not an official club officer. That was my weekend. I can't stop writing, I will ramble forever. that was my weekend and I'm going to stop now. It's been my same weekend for the last 14yrs 9mos 2 days 5hrs. I will never get enough I love this sport and everything about it. Wife is home gota go. Have a great day.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

That's awesome home girl, can't wait to do mine!
Don't think of tandem as a waste of money! It was good for you if you know it or not. Plus you bought some beer for the TM's and we all have to support each other!

I agree. the tandem is a great way to "bust your cherry". I don't think I would have had the nerve as a wuffo to try static line, or any other way of introducing me to it. But now I am hooked too, and I have it bad! I did my first tandem in Eloy, and I am doing AFF lvl1 (and maybe lvl2) tomorrow. (pumped!)

Have fun in the tunnel. It was a great experience for me to learn to fall properly and be stable in ff. Be aware they you need a strong lower back to arch for 10 minutes nonstop. Your back gets tired quick and it is hard to stay stable after a while. In a real skydive, 10 minutes of freefall would be jumping from the space shuttle or something... lol

B|