Go_Higher

Why didnt I do this 5 years ago?

Hey all! Just wanted to say Hi to everyone! I should have started doing this when I was 18! What was I thinking? Doh! Thats right... all my money went to tuition and beer 5 years ago... Oops, did I say that? The beer of course didn't come until I was a proper 21 yrs of age. ;)

Anyway, Looking forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully jumping with some of you!

Cheers!

Yeah, I actually just completed my lvl 5 jump this past weekend... I'm loving it! Only one problem... STUDENT RIGS SUCK! Everyone keeps telling me that student rigs are "one size fits none" and boy do I know thats the truth... I posted a question in the gear and rigging forums for suggestions on leg strap pain.

I seriously can't wait to get a rig that might actually fit better.. :)
Cheers!

Thanks everyone... yeah, I'm not quitting anytime soon... Heh... I even got my dad to come down and jump an AFF lvl 1 a couple of weeks ago. He did it just for the thrill... but now he's trying to figure out when he can come down and jump a lvl 2!!! Hahaha... Good times.

Merry Christmas everyone!

i know what ya mean by the leg straps
im currently a student and reckon id be better off going a few rounds with tyson instead as id be less bruised B|

but the best way to over come it so every1 on here tells me is to make sure leg straps are super tight so they are slightly hurting
which ill try next time
but for now my DZ is on holydays

welcome to the board and have fun ;)

Thanks for stopping by GH and congrats on your AFF jumps. Do you jump somewhere in the warmer south so you'll be able to finish up your AFF right away?

Yeah, thank goodness I live in the Heart of Texas where they jump year round. I plan on finishing AFF asap after the first of the year (or as soon as I get back. In Oklahoma on vacation now.)

I've heard all the same about the leg straps. I too plan on making sure they are VERY nice and snug for my lvl 6..

Happy Holidays all and a new year too!

Yeah, thank goodness I live in the Heart of Texas where they jump year round. I plan on finishing AFF asap after the first of the year (or as soon as I get back. In Oklahoma on vacation now.)

Oh, Texas eh? Whereabouts? I did a lot of jumping in Texas and Oklahoma back in '82-'87 when I was stationed there with the Air Force. I was stationed at Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls but jumped in Grandfield, OK. I think that DZ is closed down now but we had some great times there. And we did get some cold weather there and some snow occasionally but we also pretty much jumped year round. I also jumped quite a bit with the Dallas crowd; me and a couple of my close friends would travel to the boogies down that way pretty frequently. Well, take care and good luck on your AFF.....

We use Javs at our dz. Most of the time they suit just fine considering a student rig is made for more than just the one wearer. There is also a fine line between things like hard openings and having the leg straps done up too tight. Funny also how when you do Tandems full time for a few weeks and then put your own gear on it feels REALLY weird and not quite right all at the same time! Oh , and did I mention about NOT throwing the drogue !? BSBD -Mark.

"A Scar is just a Tattoo with a story!!!"