nick88

Hello people....

Been lurking for awhile now...just introducing myself...made 2 jumps so far AFF,and dislocated my left shoulder on my AFF level 2...cannot figure out for the life of me why...happened on opening,so I cannot jump until I get it sorted out....oh well...only have things to look forward too.Learning from almost every post I read in here.Great site and great folk.

Good to hear the injury hasn't put you off continuing with the AFF. Best of luck with the rest of them when your fit enough to get back up there.

Welcome to the forums.
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

Welcome to the forums! Keep a positive attitude with your injury, sometimes these things just happen. In the meantime you can read and learn a lot from the forums.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

....oh well...only have things to look forward too.Learning from almost every post I read in here.Great site and great folk.

i see a good skydiver coming up!!!!!! ;):)

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

i had that happen once when i was a student. i think the cause of mine was a loose chest strap which led to the lift web being out more on my bicep than usual. most student gear is made to adjust quite a bit so just make sure you have it tightened to fit well....welcome to dz.com

Here's to the Breezes that blows through the Trezzez.....

I had my shoulder pop out of joint somewhere around my 30th jump. It took some surgery and therapy. I've got a bunch more with no problems. yay. My doctor says it was probly from a injury when I was a child....... I didn't tell him I'm not about to grow up.

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana" -Groucho Marx- "Tom flies like a rock" -Tom Carson-

hey its great to have ya... sorry to hear about that shoulder! I just been off for 3 months cuz of surgery on mine. Dont let em cut on ya unless you got no choice! Good Luck!
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Been lurking for awhile now...just introducing myself...made 2 jumps so far AFF,and dislocated my left shoulder on my AFF level 2...cannot figure out for the life of me why...happened on opening,so I cannot jump until I get it sorted out....oh well...only have things to look forward too.Learning from almost every post I read in here.Great site and great folk.

I hope you enjoy your stay here at Casa De La Sangiro!!

Welcome B|

Rhino

...dislocated my left shoulder on my AFF level 2...cannot figure out for the life of me why...happened on opening,so I cannot jump until I get it sorted out.

Hey dude, I feel your pain! I dislocated my right shoulder on my Level 3 when I flared. Totally bizarre. My BF is kicking my butt to make me do my physical therapy exercises -- I'm so lucky to have him around, otherwise I really wouldn't do them. ;)

Anyway, heal quickly, do your exercises and welcome!

-P
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

Ya know, I know exactly what you mean! I was trying to track head down into this group (that was all-over-the-place by the way!!! geezzz... those jerks!) anyway, I didn't hear my audible, and guess what?? they start breaking off... I saw a pc fly right under me, oh welllll, r/shoulder level2 seperation, lucky me???

Heads up man!

I knew this guy, he said he could pound a nail through his p***s and it wouldn't bleed... so it bet him... well it bled... a lot! lol!!!!!
--
I'm done with the personally meaningful and philosophical sigs!!

Yeah..it kinda sucks...this is the second time I have dislocated it in 3 years.I am pretty sure it happened when I depolyed my chute,I only realised I did it when I was doing a control check and I could not flare or make any left turns with the toggle.
Doc says the knife may be the only feasible option to prevent it happening again,as I dont really need it happening again in freefall etc.....ha...back to the exercises...