cindee

New to the Sport

I have only done 3 tandems but already am addicted!! Planning on going through the student program in the spring. I am very apprehensive about the 1st time flying and landing the canopy on my own, but I guess that is normal? Any words of advice?

Hi. I did 3 tandems and am addicted as well. I'm planning to do AFF in the spring also. I can't wait. Welcome to the forums...these too tend to be a addicted!:)

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

You won't have any problems flying your canopy. You will actually have a leg up on other First time canopy flyers because you have 3 landings under your belt, others have none! I took the static line course and canopy flight is a synch. Don't even worry about it. You'll have a radio and someone will talk you all the way through it; LEFT...stop....LEFT....stop....LEFT, your on final!, aaannnnnndddd FLARE~!

Your gonna have a blast B|

Welcome to the forums. My words of advice are; pay attention to everything your JM says and ask questions if you don't understand, relax, and smile on the way down. :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Welcome to the forums. My words of advice are; pay attention to everything your JM says and ask questions if you don't understand, relax, and smile on the way down. :)

So far it seems impossible not to smile on the way down! I can't wait to do my first AFF. It will be a real milestone for me!B|

Hi and welcome. We need more sistas. Well I was tought to only listen to your JM or Insturctors/Coaches. When beer light is on and you are around the fire, you will hear all kinds of stories, don't even take it in because seeing that you are new like me we don't really understand where they are at. Different things apply to different people. Why try and change something you are doing when thats not the area you should be focused on. Well this is my opinion and seem to work very well for me. Have a blast because I know I will ;)

Blue Skies and Terminal Memories 4 Life

Welcome,Im a lowtimer so the best advice I can give you is to listen to your instructors and do what they tell you.Even when you think otherwise,do what your training says you should do.
I thought Id probably look like an idiot landing downwind with everyone watching so I did something I was told NOT to do.Well,I looked like more of an idiot wearing a cast because I didnt heed my training.

Welcome and have fun:)
dropdeded
pcss#26

------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

You will love it.Looking up to the bluesky will never be the same.Your will look at at your fridge,TV etc and wonder how many jump tickets you can get if you pawn it.

You will loose friends,because they will think you are unstable,but fortunatly for every one you loose, you will make ten new ones that will share your passion(Yes that is what it will become)

I sometimes wonder if its a curse or a blessing,because it will become the one thing that you can not stop thinking about

Fly high,Fly Free

Blueskies:ph34r:

The only advice I'd give is to trust the spotter who will guide you down, and pray that the one-way radio doesn't break. ;)#
Even if it does, you will be well briefed enough to land that sucker on your own.

Best of luck and have fun.

Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

Hi there.
My first AFF after the tandems was defintely the most frightening jump I made. I thought, "Once I pull, it's all me. Oh sh*t."
You'll be just fine. Just make sure to do everything exactly as they instruct you to. The first time you get to jump with a chute on your own back is a special jump that you will never get to repeat. Good luck in the Spring.

You will loose friends,because they will think you are unstable,but fortunatly for every one you loose, you will make ten new ones that will share your passion(Yes that is what it will become)

You're right about the friends (and family). They thought the 1st jump was okay, but when I went back for a 2nd and 3rd time, they started to become concerned. Hopefully they will come to terms with it and maybe even try it themselves!

ask questions, no question is stupid. especially when your health is at stake! Have fun! Good to have ya.

14-5 exit-exit-exit... exit...exit...exit...
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865