Skylark

Who the hell are we?

Having always wanted to skydive, I recently qualified this summer. I have more questions in my head now than I've ever had in the past, and I can see that I will spend many hours on these pages in order to get them answered.

My main interests at present are 'safety' and 'psychology'. What sort of people enjoy throwing themselves out of aeroplanes? Are we similar people in our other lives? Did we all have similar childhoods? Are we all addicted to our own adrenelin? Or do we all just like showing off?

Questions, questions...

"Into the dangerous world I leapt..." William Blake, Songs of Experience

Qualified??? How so?

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

Who are we? Doctors, lawyers, Indian Chiefs, students, truck drivers, computer geeks, Mothers, Fathers, sons, daughters, old, young, middle aged, black, white, pick another ethnic background, we live in almost every country in the world. But we have at least one thing in common. We love to jump out of planes. ;)

Patrick

PS: Welcome.

--
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Postal Rodriguez, Muff 3342

We love to jump out of planes.

Or talk about jumping out of planes. :$

Or both! Face it, we can't talk about skydiving to people that haven't jumped!:S They get tired of hearing about it.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

We are people who have decided to live life. :)Welcome to the forums. Don't be shy about asking questions, we love to hear ourselves speak!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I've met so many people in this sport, from unemployed whatever to doctors and lawyers, TV personalities, you name it. The only thing we all have in common is we all love to jump.
I suppose we could psycho-analyze everyone in the sport and figure out what the personality trait or chemical imbalance is, if any, but what would be the fun in that? I'd rather just enjoy the diversity.
I guess one thing is, most skydivers enjoy drinking, too. (beer or whatever - Alot of the skychicks at our DZ dig those Smirnoff - Barcadi malt beverage things-)

We are definitely in a class all our own - I REALLY like that. I don't being too "mainstream".

Easy Does It

Did we all have similar childhoods? Are we all addicted to our own adrenelin? Or do we all just like showing off?

Personally, I'm addicted to the freedom of the flight....call it adrenaline if you'd like. Being able to move around in your airspace and seeing the world from a different perspective is the most beautiful thing I can imagine!
And by the way, not all of us like to show off! (I still like to land in the student landing area, especially on those no wind days :)

Who are we? Skydivers...

Myself I'm the great Chile Relleno!
I'm a husband, *relative worker, father, *skydiver, hardworking truckdiver, addictive personality, *skydiver, extrovert, *freeflyer, believer in a higher power(christian), *crewpuppy, typical male pig, fisherman, *skydiver, rockclimber, mountainbiker, rock-n-roller, fun lover, semi-conservative republican, *skydiver, *member of the Heavy Metal Club, *Rodriguez Brother, *Anvil Brother, *DZ.com'r, *Muff Brother, EX druggie/alcoholic, adrenaline junkie, middleclass wage earner, BIG Brother/Goverment hater, very NON politically correct, *skydiver...

asterisk = skydiving related activity, ask if you don't know their relation.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Wellcome
hopefuly,you will find out more of your personality,while you make this adventure.
hopfluy you don do it for showing off(dont think so while you maked it throug this summer).
Good luck finding your self..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I just passed my AFF myself. I ask a bunch of questions. I'm really glad that I jump with a great bunch of people who take the time to answer. I'm also grateful I found this site. Who am I? I'm a mom that works 2 jobs,who loves to the thrill of doing a superman dive out of an airplane!!!
"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

Safety? you choose your level of involvement and safety.
Psychology? We have one thing in common. We don't like having planets shoved up our asses, so we open the parachute in time.
A lot of different psychological minds exist. Some do it for fame. Some do it for fortune. Some do it for fun.
Me? I do it because I can. Usually noone knows about my "other" jumping career, as it is not accepted most places. I say most, because some accept it, but even at that, I found a lot of "others" who cannot or will not accept or tolerate me.
I guess I am too different. I have a theory on that one, but it's time for another beer.
Peace,
Thomas
p.s. Welcome to the world of gravity. It's always there, and takes no vacations, and never discriminates. It just pulls me back toward earth.

Or both! Face it, we can't talk about skydiving to people that haven't jumped! They get tired of hearing about it.

That is so true, I swear my flat mate wants me out, because I go on and on and on and on about skydiving. Although, her herself is into kite boarding, so we both have a fair bit in common to discuss...

Don't bother me, I'm living happily ever after