GreenMachine

A *REAL* BASE Jumper

www.cuteoverload.com

You seem angry. This website should help. :)

LOL - very cute indeed. How can you not smile when looking at those cute little creatures

As far as being angry, well I would call it being upset about what is happening to BASE jumping in America.
Life is like a box of chocolates.

Really,

What business are you in?

If you are so underground, I would suggest to you that you stay off of the interenet, and especially these forums. We have ways of knowing who you are. Furthermore, if your concern is the state of jumping, how does getting on here and anonymously tearing into people improve the sport?

What are you doing to improve things, or is your brilliant analysis above supposed to somehow alter the actions of its readers? You have done nothing but criticize people based on third hand mis-information. You should really look at your real motivations.

hunh? WTF?

Did I get lost in a time warp or something?

I'll choose not to speculate on your condition or history.

I find serious BASE jumpers to be smarter than average. the leading edge of the sport studies jumps, equipment, etc. (you got to love VBK's windtunnel studies!) having a poor thought process and not being open to critical thinking leads to a short BASE career...

thus I find your posts contradictory. you claim to be a very experienced jumper, but do not seem to understand posts. you seem to read what you want to, and not the intent.

I can't say I always agree with Faber, but I normaly understand his ideas. (and give him credit for attempting to post in a "foreign" language.)

the other quotes you supplied are equally understandable, even if I choose not to agree. you are welcome to your opinions, but they seem overwhelmed by a posionous, hostile tone. you seem quite bitter about something.

instead of creating rancor, I hope you find peace.
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

I'll choose not to speculate on your condition or history.

I find serious BASE jumpers to be smarter than average. the leading edge of the sport studies jumps, equipment, etc. (you got to love VBK's windtunnel studies!) having a poor thought process and not being open to critical thinking leads to a short BASE career...

Do you realize that the really smart BASE jumpers rarely post here if at all? I normally wouldn't post here either but in my opinion, some things need to be said. There is a silent majority of experienced BASE jumpers that are dismayed and alarmed about what is happening with BASE jumping in this country. Are you open minded enough to understand this kind of critical thinking? Chances are if they posted their critical opinions they would be accused of being "posionous, hostile, and bitter" like you have done to me. Apparently you do not understand my intent.

thus I find your posts contradictory. you claim to be a very experienced jumper, but do not seem to understand posts. you seem to read what you want to, and not the intent.

Well lately I've been reading a lot that I wish I wasn't. And I do understand the intent. I understand how some BASE jumpers constantly try to make a name for themselves.

I can't say I always agree with Faber, but I normaly understand his ideas. (and give him credit for attempting to post in a "foreign" language.)

Well done.

the other quotes you supplied are equally understandable, even if I choose not to agree. you are welcome to your opinions, but they seem overwhelmed by a posionous, hostile tone. you seem quite bitter about something.

Like I already said in my post above:
"As far as being angry, well I would call it being upset about what is happening to BASE jumping in America."

instead of creating rancor, I hope you find peace.

Instead of hoping I find peace, how about hoping we don't start getting charged with a class D felony....
Life is like a box of chocolates.

Do you realize that the really smart BASE jumpers rarely post here if at all? I normally wouldn't post here either but in my opinion, some things need to be said. There is a silent majority of experienced BASE jumpers that are dismayed and alarmed about what is happening with BASE jumping in this country. Are you open minded enough to understand this kind of critical thinking?

I realize many highly skilled BASE jumpers choose to keep their jumping quiet. they may not post here. they may not post video anywhere. some do not even talk about it much to others. they simply go about their business. I like that style. more than once I've stated "keep it personal, not public."

I also found it strange when someone posted something like, "all the best BASE jumpers have been banned from here." I'll happily accept the majority do NOT post.

I also like the French style regarding the recent fatality. little was said, so little is known by many readers here. that appeared to annoy some who believe it is their right to know every last bit of info. (course the French simply may not like to post in English...)

you may have many fine points that many need to hear. your anger may be justified. many are upset by the reckless behavior that threatens popular sites. its just that the tone of your posts can prevent readers from seeing the value of the CONTENT.
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

Hey Jeb -

Aren't you supposed to be dead?

I wish I was a BASE jumper!

"Whats the difference between shit and applebutter?" - Kim Fuller

Buying ballet shoes doesn't make you a ballerina - the same way that a true ballerina is still such -even if they don't own any shoes.

If you were the last person on Earth and there was nobody to watch your vids or jumps- would you still jump??

We all know that skydiving is safe and easily available to a lot of personality types that crave attention - egocentrics, showoffs etc and is the perfect wank for these people. BASE tends to weed out those that are doing it to show off leaving a larger proportion of ppl that do it for the experience rather than the status. This is one of the things I love about the sport - the ppl are more "down to Earth" (sorry!)

Where I live just about all the objects are advanced (shitty, low, underhung, tight landing, scary) and there's no decent "first" object so this tends to scare away nearly all the ego-jumpers. I'm guessing that having really safe objects in your area can be bitter-sweet. You get to jump it but you also get more wankers getting off it.
"Altitude is birthright to any individual who seeks it"

If you were the last person on Earth would you still jump??

Yes, without a doubt, cause then I could float my
balloon anywhere I wanted, whenever I wanted.
It would also be cool to fly a plane, hop out at
alttiude, and just let the fucker crash:P
Rigger, Skydiver, BASE Jumper, Retired TM

To me, anyone who's made a BASE jump is a BASE jumper. It doesn't matter how many jumps you've made, how long you were in the sport, or how many injuries or arrests you've had.

If you've willingly stepped off the edge of a fixed object and piloted your parachute safely to the ground, then we are one and the same.....

AMEN
Remembering Coombesy....always...5/27/06

Hear Hear! I strongly second this opinion....
Russel, you are definitely more BASE jumper than most of us!
Peace,
Karen

If you were the last person on Earth would you still jump??

Yes, without a doubt, cause then I could float my
balloon anywhere I wanted, whenever I wanted.
It would also be cool to fly a plane, hop out at
alttiude, and just let the fucker crash:P

Im doing that with some old hang gliders i have, they probably wont have much damage. they are old, and not worth much, and i dont really hang glide anymore. it should be fun to leave cameras on them, and watch them spiral, nice and slow to their doom in moab.

It'll be even funnier to see footage of you being chased all over the sky by a diabolical unmanned hang-glider :ph34r:
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving
"Hey, these cookies don't taste anything like girl scouts..."

dude, I have a homebuilt and a production single surface glider, ill post video. it will be sweet. of course, leg has to heal AGAIN before that happens.

did you see them when you were out here? sorry i couldnt bring you kids paragliding. shitty wind.

I never got a chance to see them, but I'm sure I'll be back in the area sometime later this year... Colorado (and the whole mountainous region of the west) has an addicting, magnetic effect on me... I'll probably end up living there in a year or two. :)
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving

even me my freind, i may end up moving west myself. Oregon and norcal... i have not spent enough time there. your always welcome here. heather probably has a couch [or bed] for you kids at any time, and my place is open as well.

we will be back this summer hecker. none of this.. "it's too windy to go paragliding" b.s. either. we all know you can't get hurt paragliding :S:DB|[:/]:|
Nathan

WAIT a minute. Something's missing here... oh yea, this:

"Don't you blokes have each other's phone numbers? Surely all of this could have been communicated via e-mail, a phone call, or a bloody SMS! Crikey!"

There ya go mac, now you can sleep soundly ;)
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving

you beet me to it man...

i was actualy baiting that exact thing... oh well.

wait,,, do i have your phone number?

-SPACE-

i dont know... but just in case you don't here it is. But since i'm putting it on a public forum i'm going to encrypt it and then PM you the Secret Decoder Key (TM) so you can read it:

(209) 372-0200 (press 3 then 5)
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving