georgiaskydiver

Skydiving While Pregnant

I would absolutely consider the doctor as an insider. "Individual decision" meaning between the couple, based on the details of their pregnancy and their doctor's opinion/input.

Obviously, many women have jumped while pregnant and their babies were fine. I have yet to hear of any examples where a woman lost a baby due to skydiving. Anyone know of any cases where a pregnant skydiver has miscarried and the cause was attributed to jumping while pregnant?

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

The whuffo doctor actually suggested that my child would be born with a third eye in the middle of his forehead if I continued to jump.

Is this real? Am I missing a context or something?

Were you going to a religious healer posing as a doctor or something?

Oh, and just so I don't offend anyone. I'm not suggesting that religious healing is a load of bullshit. It's a pretty well know fact that it is.

Oh, and just so I don't offend anyone. I'm not suggesting that religious healing is a load of bullshit. It's a pretty well know fact that it is.

You're not suggesting it, you're absolutely stating it!:D:D:D:D BTW, I agree with you.:)
Hey, we have 4 kids, she skydived with all the pregnancies. No problems. I know that's not a guarantee of anything, folks, so don't flame. Just my 2 cents.

Hey, we have 4 kids, she skydived with all the pregnancies. No problems. I know that's not a guarantee of anything, folks, so don't flame. Just my 2 cents.

Sounds good to me.

This topic seems to be a pretty hot one here.

It seems that there has been a lot of jumping while pregnant.
So in any of these events, were there injuries to the mothers or unborn children?

Edited for spelling.

Every person and every pregnancy is different.

What someone says worked for them does not necessarily mean will work for you.

I wouldnt jump or want you to jump if you were my partner.

If you make your living skydiving then I would consider it but if you just want to jump for fun......take 9 months off, the dz is not going anywhere.

there would apear to be more to this than meets the eye Fallinfem, (3 year old thread) sounds like a personal issue. possibly better dealt with off the boards.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I have just learned I am pregnant, and my doctor has grounded me. I think this is whuffo bullshit! Can anyone out there please let me know your experiences with skydiving while pregnant, good or bad, and how far into your pregnancy you jumped.

If there are any medical types out there, I would love to have your input as to any unique risks to the baby that skydiving might pose.

Thanks!

Marci.

P.S. Since I won't be downsizing anytime soon: Brand new Spectre 120 for sale. Purple and black with hot pink ribs. Never even got to take it out of the bag! [:/]

Can't speak for anyone else, but I do know several ladies who jumped through the end of their second trimester with the doc's ok.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

There's no way I'd willingly allow my girlfriend, if she happened to become both a skydiver and become pregnant, to jump while carrying my child. No way. I'd be more than happy to not-jump with her for those nine months if that's what it would take to keep her on the ground.

There's a lot of things that a full grown human will survive that a fetus won't.

There's no way I'd willingly allow my girlfriend,

WTF that's a SLAVE dude, no other way i can see anyone ALLOWING someone else do to anything:S:S:S

Man some people have their heads on backwards:|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

WTF that's a SLAVE dude, no other way i can see anyone ALLOWING someone else do to anything:S:S:S

Wow, you're sensitive.

If someone asked "Would you allow your significant other to sleep around", I would say "No, I would not allow her to sleep around". She wouldn't allow me to, either.

That doesn't mean I would physically stop her.

Get your head out of your ass and quit being a drama queen...

OOPS..

I mean drama PERSON.

There's no way I'd willingly allow my girlfriend, if she happened to become both a skydiver and become pregnant, to jump while carrying my child. No way

Umm... Wow.

That's all I'm gonna say.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Wow, you're sensitive.

If someone asked "Would you allow your significant other to sleep around", I would say "No, I would not allow her to sleep around". She wouldn't allow me to, either.

That doesn't mean I would physically stop her.

Get your head out of your ass and quit being a drama queen...

OOPS..

I mean drama PERSON.
Seemsi 'm not the only one who thinks my way. and im not being dramatic, you are the one professing ownership over the actions of others
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

you are the one professing ownership over the actions of others

No, I'm not. You're assuming that.

No assumtion needed dude

You wrote that, tell me then how you DONT mean that,
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

No assumtion needed dude

Easy. I don't profess that I have ownership over the actions of others.

Do you have a significant other Squeak?

No assumtion needed dude

Easy. I don't profess that I have ownership over the actions of others.

Do you have a significant other Squeak?

Together 23 years last Saturday, NEVER have i ever presumed to have a right or ability to ALLOW her anything.
She is my wife and partner not my possession
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Together 23 years last Saturday

Congrats!

NEVER have i ever presumed to have a right or ability to ALLOW her anything.
She is my wife and partner not my possession

So, you understand that in a healthy relationship there is some moral obligation seek sanction for certain things, things that the partner might feel very strongly about. It's in that context that I use the word 'allow'.

'Not allowing' implies that there would be some repercussion for the person who's not being allowed to do something. If my girlfriend did something that I was adamantely against, there WOULD be repercussions. By the way you're acting, it appears that you assume those repercussions would be physical or something. (I don't really know exactly what you're thinking).

Well, that's incorrect. There are very few things I would physically stop my girlfriend from doing.

But, as I said, there WOULD be repercussions. Those might include ending our relationship, not contributing money to her skydiving, not driving her to the DZ.

In the context of a relationship, "not allowing" something doesn't necessarily mean "physically prohibiting". "Not allowing" something can be as simple as not condoning or supporting something.

Again, if you were to ask her "Would you allow your boyfriend to sleep with other women" she would say "No." Within the context of our relationship, I'm not allowed to sleep with other women. That doesn't mean she's going to chain me to the couch and physically prohibit me, it simply means she will not condone it. She wouldn't give me permission. And there WOULD be some repercussions if I did.

By the way, there's a lot of things she doesn't allow me to do. Could I physically still do them? Yes. Do I? No. I'm not allowed to :)

You're imagining a dynamic of domination that simple doesn't exist in our relationship.

you might need to change your vocabualry, not allow banned, barred, forbidden, illegal, illicit, not permitted, out of bounds, outlawed, prohibited, restricted, all of which are Synonyms

it does not mean you can do it but I'll be pissy

so if you "do not allow" something to do not ALLOW it. Not permit it to occur
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

So, it's been three and a half years since this thread started...how's the baby doing??????????

Actually it's been 7+ years since this question was posted. I jumped until my boobs got too big for me to see my chest strap.
Fortunately the boy was born without that third eye that our first doctor predicted.
He wants to be a pilot. B|