Calvin19

I might Quit BASE.

That's from great flying - that's why I love my PG

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

That's from great flying - that's why I love my PG

My PG sucks. Im looking for a Acro wing. but i cant for the life of me find a gorram used small or extra mall wing.

The acro wing i was flying when i went in i sold to pay for medical shit while i was waking up. the one i am flying now is way big on me (sketchy) and its a bit older.

they cut my nice harness off of my as well. bastards

thanks for the offer, but I'll stick w/ the sport 150 I'm flying. Had an awesome day...
can't hike with it, can't put it in the car but one of the pgs out flying the same day was flying about 100 ft below me, hit some turbulence, had a collapse, and ended up on the hillside.Luckily didn't get hurt. made it to the lz w/ 1000 ft of altitude....
wasn't trying to knock ya man...

wasn't trying to knock ya man...

i know. i used to talk about paragliding as if it had no point, then my freind handed my a wing a few years ago, gave me a crash course, and its all i do now. crasy fast.
be well!

-SPACE-

gave me a crash course!

:o so he actually taught you how to crash ?? :o :D:D:D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

gave me a crash course!

:o so he actually taught you how to crash ?? :o :D:D:D

nope, he taught me how to fly, i taught myself how to crash.:S

-SPACE-

Since this is a paragliding thread...

What's the deal with para-motors, power paragliders, whatever they are called.

Do you have to be a paragliding pilot first? Where do you learn how to fly those things?

I've read that it takes between 5 and 20 feet for takeoff...is this true? If so that's sick, I can launch one of those things in front of my house.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

I wouldn't touch one with a barge-pole!.. Bloody noisey and slow. It's bad enough having folks mow their lawns every sunday - I dont want to wear a Fly-Mo that close to my ears for hours.

I live in the flat lands of east anglia and would rather drive for a couple of hours to a hill to go proper flying.

(.)Y(.)

I have a few friends who fly them. From I've been told, you can take off in short distances, but sometimes, depending upon the winds, it can take a lot longer. Same with landing. As far as I know, you don't need any type of formal instruction to legally be allowed to fly it. When new people want to fly, the guy I know just orders their gear, then they take it out to the launch site and he teaches them. Best thing to do is to check out a ppg forum. There are a few out there.

(My suggestion is to make very, very good friends with these guys. A free ride to 2000' in a BASE rig during the day is a lot of fun. It's weird, for me at least, seeing the ground at terminal around 500' with the sun out! :-D)

Nathan
Nathan

Best thing to do is to check out a ppg forum. There are a few out there.

I don't think I could do the forum thing over again...:S
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

I live in the flat lands of east anglia and would rather drive for a couple of hours to a hill to go proper flying.

I have never tried it myself, but i kinda agree. pure flying is better. and i doubt i could launch with a motor with my leg.

-SPACE-

Watch this and get even more stoked about paragliding...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1njB-ev7whg

Hey, I'm a skydiver, a pilot and a powered paraglider pilot (not a BASE guy yet, but I'll try it eventually). I would LOVE to do the non powered thing, but I live in FL, and we don't have many cliffs. Having never done that, the powered thing is really, really fun . . . . and slow and noisy . . . . but out over the beach or the dz, it's really fun. Give it a shot.

Stan

I've just repacked my tandem reseve and (if the weather is good) I'm planning on taking some mates for their first foot launched PG flight this weekend - It's good to feed back into a sport.

(.)Y(.)

checkout this vid, pretty f'in cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KITzUrOTi_o

could someone make it a clicky please?

mfnren-

Hang gliding is killer fun, but i like sledding my HG, carving in trees, that was a pretty coolfilm though.

-SPACE-

yeah I prefer mountain flying, but it was best flick I could find to put up. shows some pretty high performance flying...

yeah I prefer mountain flying, but it was best flick I could find to put up. shows some pretty high performance flying...

low and fast is all that matters.

-SPACE-

For powered paragliders, check out www.whitehawkppg.com

My friend and I teach it. It's awesome to be able to fly in places you otherwise couldn't, pack it in a hockey bag and check it as baggage on a plane to anywhere in the world, and fly as agressively as you want, as close to the ground as you want, for as long as you want. I agree, silent would be way better, but I still haven't figured out that whole warp-drive thing yet.

Calvin, you could definitely launch. Seen it done on one leg before. If you can launch freeflight, you can launch a PPG. We fly from the DZ all the time, you should come out and try it. We had a blast in Moab... flying through the arch was killer.

Acro? Anything that can be done in a paraglider can be done with a motor on your back... you just get to do a whole lot more of it B|. I can loop my PPG, and would like to learn more.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and shouting,
".... holy crap....what a ride!"

If you can launch freeflight, you can launch a PPG. We fly from the DZ all the time, you should come out and try it. We had a blast in Moab... flying through the arch was killer.

Acro? .

man, i really do want to try it. im leaving for flying again right now, 4kts from the NE at Ncar. and the arch? i didnt talk to you after you flew it. hell yeah. i want to hear about it.

-SPACE-

ahhhh flying season again... here's some more hg'ing. music is lame, but the flying is pretty sick:o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAiJsUXgknQ&NR=1
how do make these clicky clicky?