JaapSuter

BASE WIKI

Almost two months ago I wrote a dramatic post to mention I was leaving this forum.

A wise man once told me this place is like a bar. It's where drunken BASE jumpers get together to talk shit and share stories. Sorry for the drama of two months ago. Let's blame it on the alcohol, and treat that post as if it never happened.

People predicted I would be on a slippery slide back to posting whoredom in no time. You can take the Jaap out of the BASE forum, but you can't take the forum out of Jaap. So I'm back, with more silly things to share than ever before. I apologize in advance guys...

That said, those two months I was gone did give me the time to work on some other things. Like a new website I am now opening up for everybody else.

BASE WIKI - http://www.basewiki.com

The BASE WIKI aims to be an encyclopedia of BASE knowledge contributed by many people. It tries to answer recurring BASE questions. It is not intended to replace the dropzone.com or Blinc forums.

Most wikis (like Wikipedia) can be edited by everybody. Due to the nature of our sport, BASE WIKI requires more quality control than a fully public wiki could provide. Therefore, the information here can only be edited by a large group of editors.

BASE WIKI strives to have as many editors as possible, not necessarily contributing, but at the least keeping a watchful eye over the quality of the information that is offered. Contributions are obviously appreciated even more. If you like to become an editor, contact me. The only requirement is that you can contribute something useful or positive. You will get a password and be able to edit any page.

Most pages have a text box at the bottom where anybody (including non-editors and anonymous people) can leave a comment. If an editor finds a comment useful, it will be reworked back into the page itself.

Over time, with sufficient input through comments, from editors and peer review, the information on this wiki will hopefully converge towards what is commonly accepted wisdom in the BASE community.

We're not there yet. We only have some initial content, and there's lots more to be added. This will take time, but hopefully BASE WIKI will provide the framework in which such an encyclopedia can grow.

This is not my website. This your website!

So have a look over at BASE WIKI. If you have any suggestions, comments or ideas, let me know!

Thanks,

Jaap Suter

Welcome back, Jack. Missed ya. Just opened a new object tonite, was gonna call it "firestick" but maybe ill just call it Jaapsback. Burned the hell out of me, though....:P

sigx

Welcome back Bro :)
JFK #1013
PM Me
No Adrenalin.... No Fun!
"Minds are like parachutes the

I briefly looked at the site.

great idea.
thanks for setting it up!

now to find time to read it...
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

Awesome
WIki's rock
current wiki success is the beginning of the end for Media companies, news papers (including online newspapers) will eventually be destroyed by wiki based news

instead of having some reporter make up a story from "hear say" of some event, the actual people involved can get online and edit the news etc
wikipedia.org also has a news site, might be wikimedia.org or wikinews.org
anyway its only just a baby, but over time will destroy news papers that are trying to make it into internet giants (which will never happen)
long live wiki's
and good to see Jaap back, I used to enjoy your posts

It was nice to find that "BASE romance" article there. Thank you for posting it. :)
Between two evils always pick theone never tried

Hey Jaap,

Nice to have you back! Awesome resource. Dental floss, that never crossed my mind.:P

Coco

welcome back bro.. i like the webB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Hey Jaap,

Very nice site man! I wish I had more time to read and study it all :)Great to see what you are doing.
Talk to you soon.

Thijs