britboynz

Post your ODYSSEY :)

Would anyone out there who's got a Jav Odyssey (or knows of where theres some pics of one) post a piccy of ur rig?

No, this isn't a sinister request & I'm not gonna nick it! Just want to get an idea of what different colours look like....I'm contemplating getting an odyssey (yep i know about the wait [:/] and think it will be worth it) but don't want to spend several $k on a custom rig for it to look horrible. I've seen the colour swatches sunpath send out, but a 1" square fabric sample doesn't really give any indication of what the finished product will be like...

The guys at my local DZ have said: as it's your first rig, stick to dark colours like black/navy blue. a light coloured rig (eg white/yellow) will be filthy in no time. Since i've only got 50 odd jumps under my belt this is probably a good idea ;) And, dont go overboard with exta colours - stick to a base colour & 1 maybe 2 other colours.

I've spent a fair few hrs playin around with the online colour selector on SP's website, & with my instructors comments in mind, im thinking of: a Navy blue rig with gold stripes on the B, D & no. 4 panels with a white pinstripe. Gold or white Odyssey logo on the side. Whaddya think?

Anyone got any other suggestions? I'm a bit hopeless with colours. I think I need queer eye for the colour blind skydiver LOL.

Cheers

Russ

Here's my Javelin. Not an Odyssey, but the colors and panels are basically the same. I got the tie-dye cutaway handle too and I like it. I'm just about to order an Odyssey myself, so I'll be interested to see what others post as well.
Blues.
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

...The guys at my local DZ have said: as it's your first rig, stick to dark colours like black/navy blue. a light coloured rig (eg white/yellow) will be filthy in no time...

I got mine at around your numbers and it still looks great - it all depends how you treat your equipment and how "clean" your landings are...but, I did do a color change to the darker on the BOC to hide the dirt from sitting in the planes.

Be sure to post your final choice B| !
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.

Here's my baby. th eodyssey colors are black, teal, and purple with same embroidery. piping is charcoal.

the older one shows what navy looks like when it fades after 8 years, the other colors on it are electric blue and silver.

the only differences you'll se ein teh odyssey in design and color choices (as opposed to the standard javelin) are that the logos are different. other differences lie in construction and new options, etc that don't make a cosmetic choice difference.

There's no main in that new rig in the pics, it really does pack up tighter than that. :)
__

Ok, the decision's been made. I just ordered my new Odyssey. I used this rig as a "model". Mine will be close, except where there is purple in this pic, mine will be royal blue, the white pinstriping will be silver. Hip and chest rings, tie-dye handles, spacer foam backpad, mini-risers, the works.

Got the countdown going, 16 weeks and counting. God, I can't wait!!!!

Blues.
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

Got the countdown going, 16 weeks and counting. God, I can't wait!!!!

16 weeks!! Are they getting on top of production now?? It was like 24week for the wait a little bit ago. Good for you! Nice rig.

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

16 weeks!! Are they getting on top of production now?? It was like 24week for the wait a little bit ago. Good for you! Nice rig.

Yeah, they just recently updated their website and said they're doing 16 week productions as of now. We'll see, I know they tend to take a while, but it'll be worth the wait!

Blues.
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

Sorry about the resolution. At 50 jumps, though, you should wait a few before buying custom. Used will do nicely for a long time.

Unless you're rich.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

He will be waiting a few anyway... We're talking OYSSEY here, aren't we?

Sorry, i couldn't resist...;)B|
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...