Zennie

Religion & BASE

*sigh*

Let's all just try to remember that we all find God as we see him/her/it at the exit point.

Peace my friends....

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

ehmm
were you going mate?
im an atheist i tend to think most BASE jumpers are..or am i wrong?

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I know several non-atheist base jumpers. Myself included. I have never felt so close to death than in base, and so alive. I think God understands.

General warning (not to Zennie): If this thread degenerates into an argument about religion I will move it into Speaker's Corner.

Thanks!
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I'm not at all religious, nor do I know many BASE jumper who are. However, I've heard more than one BASE jumper climbing a ladder, or darkened stairwell, muttering, "Okay, God, just one more time . . ."

If there is a God, I'm sure when he looks down on us BASE jumpers, he gives Mary the elbow and says proudly, "look at that, the thing I made them the most afraid of, they went and turned into a sport . . . !"

Nick :)BASE 194

In mountaineering circles it's put this way...

I'd rather be in the mountains thinking about God than in church thinking about the mountains.

jon

Actually, its a real shame that Jason didnt post my response to his email, but by not doing so he gets to voice only his side, and control any opposition to his point of view. And just prior to the thread being locked down. But the point of the end of that thread wasnt religion, it was the way he treats Base jumpers. Telling them how bridgeday will go, not asking them. I think this was 515's point. Maybe the email 515 commented on should also be posted.

But I agree, that thread was turning into a powderkeg and could have easily gone nuclear.

Hmmm, let's talk about politics next...

Why can't my relationship, and your relationship, with whatever God you worship, be personal. I don't understand why a God that is so loving and caring, and teaches such, prompts internet slamming within a community that is so close and tight...

Just curious,
(whiningvoice) Can't we all just get along??? (/whiningvoice)
---------------
Peter
BASE - The Ultimate Victimless Crime

It was recently posted, that arguing on the internet is like the special olympics. Even if you win, youre still retarded. But, I for one, got a cheap deal on bulk iced lemonade, and now that Im going to hell (according to your emails ;) ) Im gonna be sitting on easy street for a long, long time. B|. Ill see ya in Hell, johnny! But at least I know not to jump with Jason, or the houston crew, or a long long list of Jason supporters who have emailed me. Yep, my work here is done...:ph34r:

peterk:
Let take this sentence which says a lot.

----------------------------------------
Bridge Day 2004, the World's Largest BASE Boogie, sponsored by the US National Park Service...
----------------------------------------

This is not aimed at you in particular.
It may seem like I'm a asshole but this usually the way it goes.

I have been to just a Few events.
Put on by MANY PROMOTERS.
IPBC, MIXSA, Go-Fast, Bridgedays, Turkey Boogies, Heliboggies, and
a few rinky-dink skydive comps.... Bla...Bla...Bla
- THEY ALL HAVE SOME RULES -

The rules are... not there for you.
The rules are... there for Them.
They rules only... Affect You.

An Event is a SHOW. just that a show / Entertainment
You can headline it any TITLE.
and call SHOW- any- NAME you want.

The PROMOTER is the BOSS
Always the BOSS

**** The larger Events GO Something Like This ****;)
You are there to entertain yourself.
Some times I don't like what goes on.
Some times I don't like the calls they make
The show does not give a Crap how you FEEL
The show does not give a Crap what you LIKE
The show does not care if you kill yourself just don't kill a innocent spectator

It's a Show, you are there for Yourself and Friend
and you don't get to many choices,
If you don't like the show then don't go.
That's about the only choice you get.

I don't know what my Post this has to do with God.:S
but it seems like this is how this argument all Escalated.

RayLosli, I am calling you out for an internet fight...

You can't take a thread about religon and BASE, and turn it around on me... You'll have to apoligze or I won't love seeing you at events in person anymore...

Bring it on...
---------------
Peter
BASE - The Ultimate Victimless Crime

I'm an atheist but I can't say that I presume that everyone else is. But then again I've only made one BASE jump. In bonfire they occasionally run a "religion" poll to see and you'd be suprised the breakdown.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

Wow ...you never stated your true feelings about seeing me
at events.;)

I like you to..... X X X - OOO - X X X

I'm sorry

Haven't found god yet but if that is what gets you to climb these things, I will see you at the bottom, top, and bottom. This is a tough thread to keep in this forum but it can be done. Just remeber if it goes to the "Corner" then you will never get your point across. Peace!

Sorry this wasn't and edit for RayLosi, just for the forum

you know this better than me, since you were wining the hearts and minds of a certian country, but even I can attest that there are times you wonder/know that there might be/is a higher somthing out there...
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

im an atheist i tend to think most BASE jumpers are..or am i wrong?

Actually, I'm agnostic.

My point was that I hate to see a lot of religious bickering, but I think each of us has owr own special spiritual experience when we step to the edge. And that experience, regardless of what we call it or attribute it to, we all share in common. B|

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

...each of us has our own special spiritual experience when we step to the edge. And that experience, regardless of what we call it or attribute it to, we all share in common. B|

:)
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

*sigh*

Let's all just try to remember that we all find God as we see him/her/it at the exit point.

Peace my friends....

when you dance with the devil, the devil does not change - you do.

:S

" ...And the bezan shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts. Yeeah..." - Monty Python.

:)
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

Actually, I'm agnostic.

Most people I've met that consider themselves "agnostic", are just atheists without the balls to call themselves so...:|
You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

but even I can attest that there are times you wonder/know that there might be/is a higher something out there...

No Homey, don't wonder/know. What I do know is that I don't care. And that is it.

*** I think each of us has owr own special spiritual experience when we step to the edge. B|

Yeah, sometimes I have to poo really bad!! Talk about motivation to get off an exit point. HEHE but for real.....God empowered us with the knowlegde and creativity to construct 2000 ft metal structures that we all enjoy. Lets give it up to God!!!! Woo Hooo.

agnostic.

duuude im just a hard working dane i dont understand words like that pm me;)

I think each of us has owr own special spiritual experience when we step to the edge.

i call it life or teraphy:PB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber