Cyco

Wing suit cutaway handles

I am looking at a Birdman suit that a friend is getting rid of as he has given up jumping after 20 years in the sport. The problem is, the cutaway handles for the wings are missing and the former owner is overseas for a while.

A rigger here in NZ said he can make them but needed to know if the handles are puds or loops.

I am wanting to know any info or if I should just contact Birdman.com

I also prefer loops.

I have seen handles made incorrectly so that when the loop was pulled (on the ground) it came off the yellow cable. This would suck in a big way in freefall if you needed to get out of your wings and couldn't.

If your rigger has any questions on how to make the WS cut away cables, have him email Robert (BM desinger) [email protected] or BM owner Jari, [email protected]

BM can also ship handles either from Europe or the USA. They cost somewhere around $28 USD (not including shipping). It will be cheaper to have your rigger do them I would guess.

Are the initials of the guy's suit you are buying S.M.?

I look forward to flying in NZ some day! I'm sure it's spectacular.
-Kimberly Griffin

Don't use two cables. The basic idea is to take a cutaway cable that is double the length of the tabs, bend it, and put your handle on the elbow of the bend. Using two cables can result it attaching a handle that will slide right off. I think this is what Kim is talking about.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

Don't use two cables. The basic idea is to take a cutaway cable that is double the length of the tabs, bend it, and put your handle on the elbow of the bend. Using two cables can result it attaching a handle that will slide right off. I think this is what Kim is talking about.

No, as far as I know there was once a batch of one-cable handles where the cable was not properly attached to the loop. When pulled from the other cable end the whole cable slid away from the handle.

Vesa

"Fear is the path to the Dark side"
(Master Yoda)