DexterBase

Movies with BASE jumps

I was bored...really bored and I was trying to make a mental list of movies that had a BASE jump, real or fake, in them. So far I have:

XXX
Mission impossible 2
Along came polly
Cliffhanger
Dropzone
Cutaway

I'm sure I've missed many so please add to this list if you want to. Cut and paste it, then add yours to the end.

I saw an advertisement for Adidas a few days ago or something that had a guy jump and track off a building.
This ad space for sale.

XXX
Mission impossible 2
Along came polly
Cliffhanger
Dropzone
Cutaway

Not a movie but has BASE on it on a few episodes:

Alias

+ stupid thriller about "extreme" sportsmen which were also bank robbers. It's called "Riders".

Fido

THere is a suodo reference at the end of ZooLander.

I was bored...really bored and I was trying to make a mental list of movies that had a BASE jump, real or fake, in them. So far I have:

XXX
Mission impossible 2
Along came polly
Cliffhanger
Dropzone
Cutaway

I'm sure I've missed many so please add to this list if you want to. Cut and paste it, then add yours to the end.

Mick Knutson
* BLiNC Magazine "Everything you ever wanted to know about Parachuting, but didn't know whom to ask."

Tomb Raider 2 has a wingsuit B jump. 2 of em go off and fly to a boat or something out in the harbor. By the way has anyone seen this. It seems way to far to get there on a wingsuit off a building.

The Tombraider footage was put together from a ton of different jumps, some done off that building and some done out af airplanes.

PerFlare was "Lara Croft" for the stunt. There is a whole write up on his web page (which BTW, is probably my favorite "personal page"). If you ask him, he might be able to tell you more about it.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Warren Miller's "Cold Fusion"

if you wanna call that a movie.

I also clicked across a teeny bopper tv show on Starz WAM the other night that I had to stop at because some chick with a rig on had just landed. It was called "higher ground" or something. I dunno if there was more BASE on it, because I lost interest and changed the channel.

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

Two Aussies and I were in Hong Kong while they were filming for Tom raider 2. They made several helicopter jumps next to the building and city of HK to practice and get the shots combine with jumps from 2IFC.

Incidentally, an American and an Aussie jumped 2IFC before Team Bautasten jumped it. Geoff (Treeboy) unfortunately landed in a tree the night before jumping another B in that town, and due to a hook knife incident, his parachute was rendered un-airworthy. So he didnt make the load. And yes, the whole experience was sick.

There is a French man who jump it before us. Probably the first.
Have Fun, Don't Die!
Johnny Utah
My Website
email:[email protected]

The James Bond flick - old one - where a guy skied off a cliff and opened a round. I believe the cliff was on Baffin island.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

A view to a kill is James Bond movie where he jumps from FL tower

James Bond View to a Kill

Grace Jones as May Day BASE jumped

BJ worth was the stunt double

A view to a kill is James Bond movie where he jumps from FL tower

Oops I repeated your post but was less cryptic about the Famous FL tower.
---
dexterbase... here's the list so far.
XXX
Mission impossible 2
Along came polly
Cliffhanger
Dropzone
Cutaway
Adidas ad
Alias
Riders
ZooLander
Tomb Raider 2
Adrenaline
View To a Kill
Random old Bond flick
The Art Of War

Random old Bond flick

Just going off memory, I think the ski BASE jump scene was in the beginning of the Spy Who Loved Me.

(Im kindof a Bond fan)
Have Fun, Don't Die!
Johnny Utah
My Website
email:[email protected]

I believe you're correct sir.

You?... A bond fan?;) Who'da thunk?

A bond fan? Who'da thunk?

I'm Utah..... Johnny Utah. ;)B|

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

I think in the scene where Lara + 1 jumped building they have normal suits. Just same colors as wingsuits you could see in flight. I'm right, am I?

Fido

no f'in way dude?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

"The trick is to insult everyone and thereby avoid the label of "personal attack"." eh???

What's up with that?

Am I a Canadian now?
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

Um, for those of you who missed the movie, this:

Dude, that's Johnny fucking Utah!

Is a line from Point Break.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

PerFlare was "Lara Croft" for the stunt. There is a whole write up on his web page (which BTW, is probably my favorite "personal page"). If you ask him, he might be able to tell you more about it.

This:

It is a strange feeling beeing all sorunded with clouds without any altimeter and with a singel shot rig on your back and realize that for the last minute you have not seen the ground at all ... and then you approching wich seems like another layer of clouds. I got that feeling like it was time to maybe slow down so I did break off and pulled before/as I went in to the clouds, good choise because it was not another cloud layer it was the fog on the ground. Pretty short canopy ride :)

is really scary!
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

"What Dreams May Come"

However, it wasn't portrayed as a BASE jump. I didn't see the movie -- I only saw the cliff jump.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click