mischo

Tips for jumping of of buildings

Howdy,
I just looked through posts concerning buildings, and I would like more information concerning them. Lauch techniques,and wind concerns for example. I am quite sure that off heading openings will be mentioned. Not to sound rude but I already have that covered. The building in question is fairly isolated(the only tall one around) and it is 400'. The people I intend to go with are experienced but I would like to arm myself with as much information as possible.
Thank you,
Mish

Hi Mish.
After having had a look at your profile, granted it is correct and updated, it shows no BASE jump done yet.
Now.
Without any will of being offensive, I think that asking information on the Internet about B jumps seems way premature, in your case.
Generally speaking about the "average" B, "average" A, "average" S, "average" E, definitely the average B is the most advanced and difficult BASE jump, due to a lot of things, bust factor included (and access-to-the-roof issue...).
In my opinion, it would NOT be safe to do your (and ANY) first BASE jump off a B, and so, asking info on B jump is useless, granted that you are going to do your initial BASE jumps off an S, an A, maybe an "easy" E, for sure not off a B.
So, after you will have done few/lot of BASE jumps off different objects, for sure you will have come in contact with (hopefully) lot of BASE jumpers who can give you all the beta about how to jump this or that B, and for sure they will take you to jump the above mentioned B together.
Just my 0.02€
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

besides the "bust factor" which is a worrisome thing what else would you have to keep in mind with a B that you dont have to worry about with A's or E's (object strike)? Wierd turbulence from the streets/buildings, etc. Do you test for turbulence?

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

Hi Guys,
I have not updated the list but I have made three A's (Which by no means make me think I have any experience.) I have done 1 stowed and two hand held. I am judging by the other posts that B's are for experienced base jumpers. The reason I am interested in this one is that, it is The only tall one near the area. I believe that they (the city) intend to put more of them up. Once again I don't feel qualified to make the type of decisions of what is safe and what is not. I was curious to see if there are no other structures above two stories near it would the turbulant winds be a factor. Also any sort of advise, including don't do it Jack$%& , is invited.
I just started but I do believe this is going to turn into a habit.
Thanks
Mish

I was curious to see if there are no other structures above two stories near it would the turbulant winds be a factor.

They definitely can be. I once stood on the exit point of a 500' building, with a totally clear, huge parking lot for a landing area, and watched the (IMO) world's best jumper as turbulence collapsed half his canopy and rolled it under as he came in on final.

Turbulence is pretty random stuff. It can happen when you least want (or expect it), even in totally open areas.

Also any sort of advise, including don't do it Jack$%& , is invited.

Go to Idaho (as soon as possible). Make 50 span jumps. Then go to Utah (the Turkey Day Boogie would be a good start) and make 50 slider down cliff jumps. Then go home and do your building. It'll still be there, and you'll be far better prepared to jump (and enjoy) it.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Go study the Possible landing areas. Go through as Many what if's as you can dream up.

Buildings are very intimidating and for good reason. Turbulence was mentioned. A short delay and a slight crosswind can do very interesting things to the pilot chute, and parachute as it opens.

Be VERY sure of your launch before attempt a building. Don't just roll the dice. The building isn't going any where. It's no fun going head down or rolling backwards with a solid object behind you.

Get some jumps under your belt. Reaction time has to be instant, and I mean.. Instant!!

Seriously, if you're asking how to launch, You're SO not ready to jump from a building. I'd very highly recommend taking a trip up to the Potato state and Jump your butt off from the legal span. Sort it out up there in a much safer environment.

If you can make it to Utah after that. There's a turkey boogie going on in November. They require you have at least 30 BASE jumps by then to attend. It's a Great place to meet some people, hike in some amazing scenery and jump from a bunch of cliffs.

THEN go re-visit the building Idea.

Good luck.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Check! That is what I will do I will do a bunch more off of the other stuff first.
Thanks again
Mish

i cant see why your that hooked at that building(i read your other post).Back there you didnt say that you had some jumps..

As the other guys around here says,go jump some more stuff before doing an B.

Your talking about an experinced jumper who will take you there...im sure he/she ment it but out in the future..

even while you like in US,im sure the B will stay there loong time..

Be Safe out there

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

get ready to deal with a canopy ride that feels like your flying a stilletto 105!

shit happens fast in the urban environment!

;)

trees hit hard at such canopy.. i dont even want to think of a object strikeB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

well we did say take a reasonable delay but you minced out!! ;)

but you had the better canopy control there - coz i dont know how the fuck you landed in such a tight area! it was not wide enough to fly a canopy!! hehehe

;)

bwaaahaha well look at the video did i have a option? well abit tight but my arse aint that big i just squessed it down there.then run away and had a big laugh whith my brothers...
My canopy didnt hug any trees afterward...:D:ph34r:even while it were close on my jump whith Dan the man...

it was not wide enough to fly a canopy!!

thats why i landed it:ph34r::D:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

My question with regards to buildings would be how would one sneak in at 4am in the morning past the security at the front and then try to get onto the roof??
www.motavi.com

Sorry man, nobody here is going to tell you how.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Sorry man, nobody here is going to tell you how.

I will.

The best way I've found to get past security is to create a diversion with concussion grenades & smoke bombs.

Works like a charm every time. :S

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Oh, and C-4 works great on locked roof doors.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

I've found to get past security is to create a diversion with concussion grenades & smoke bombs.

dont forget the flash bombs,or a still camera,it has a nice effect aswellB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

set a chorus of dancing girls and whores outside with free beer and smokes - then the said security guard who obviously works nights all the time and does not have time for such luxuries will follow the dancing girls far down the street for the expectation of contact of a sexual nature............. whilst he is rimming and fucking as if he is on video you walk in and up - when he is smoking and drinking you kit up and when he falls asleep you jump and get away.....................

Works like a "dream" for me................. B|

Why Rim when you can BASE?? :S:S

Can anyone tell me how i can forge government bonds so I can take out large amounts of cash please???? :S:P - Please post details here....... ;)

My question with regards to buildings would be how would one sneak in at 4am in the morning past the security at the front and then try to get onto the roof??

I heard there will be a seminar at Bridge day addressing exactly this question.

It will cover bypassing retinal scanners, Overpowring security guards with stun guns, and a special bonus section on how to know when it's appropriate to use a silencer instead of a blade.

Follow up seminars will give you hard-earned duplicates of keys, combinations, and passcodes, as well as diagrams of buildings. Another will give you a list of exactly how to pack your parachute for every building in existence on this planet.

But get this; for a grand finale, they will offer a *FREE* hand-holding seminar where someone who has put a lot of effort, time, sweat, money, and maybe even has sucked off a security guard or two will take you to a building and give you, the uninitiated, a first hand building jump where you don't have to worry about all that pesky logistical stuff like "how do I do it?"

Really worth the price of admission.

In case you can't make it to Bridge Day, My best advice is to walk into a building at about 4am, Walk up to the security guard, and tell him: "Hi, I'm a BASE jumper and I'm going to jump off of the roof of this building. If you think you're man enough to stop me, then by all means try your best--Otherwise, sit your rent-a cop ass back in your chair and go back to sleep you jelly donut eatin' pussy."

Works every time.

Also, when jumping any B your equipment choices are crucial. So make sure you wear a BASE related t-shirt (something in a bright red, yellow or white works well) and bring stickers for the exit point so you can "mark your turf"!;)

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

I like to snap glow sticks over my fluorescent "BASE Jumper Stand Back" overalls so the video men set up at the bottom can see me in freefall...........

Maybe thats just a personal choice though?!?!
:S

Can someone please post how I can have sex with beautiful women without having to speak to them, ply them with drink or pay them???? Please post details here.....;)

Oh.
Just looked at your profile. If you really live in KL, and you can't figure it out yourself, Ummmm, I'd stick to legal jumps.

[disbelief ON]
are you REALLY confused about this? I'm starting to think this is just a really good troll. [/disbelief]

Can someone please post how I can have sex with beautiful women

Iam can confirm that YOU cant;) atleast not whith out paying them:ph34r::D

Details. get rich boy...;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Thanks fuckers.

I am sure the pain of the mountain dew code red passing up through my nasal cavities will subside, but the real question is: how do I get the remnants out of my keyboard?

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.