TomAiello

A few new videos...

Howdy y'all!

I'm dropping by for the first time in a few weeks. Thanks to everyone (aka Sangiro) for keeping this place cleaned up while I'm out hopping off the rocks in Norway.

I've posted a few new videos on my web site, in a mid-trip break (thanks to AD for the use of his DSL line).

Check it out:

Petter Crosses Lysefjord

Petter Flies Home

My First Cutaway

I'm off to the Northlands for another few weeks.

Hope your all having fun wherever you are (except for you Yuri--I hope your trip continues to suck until you get up here).
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

"The page cannot be displayed"
:(:(:(

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"

At risk of revealing myself to be a true technical illiterate, here are the URL's:

http://homepage.mac.com/tbaiello/iMovieTheater8.html

http://homepage.mac.com/tbaiello/iMovieTheater9.html

http://homepage.mac.com/tbaiello/iMovieTheater10.html

I think that there may be several folks looking at them, because as soon as I posted, my web page bogged down.

I'll try again later and see if it's really a problem with the video, or just a traffic jam.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

The load appears to be too much for my poor little personal web page. If you can't get it there, try the skydivingmovies.com ftp server. I'm uploading three videos, McCutaway (my cutaway), Smell (a rather impressive wingsuit flight--not by me, as I fly like a brick anvil) and Lysefjord (another wingsuit flight).
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

i can download the movies by the links above,no problem...

nice workB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Tom,

Where are you and how long are you staying in Norway? You will find my e-mail on linetwist.net

Have fun!

PerFlare

great work
really nuts cutawayB|B|B|

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"

Howdy y'all!

I see the southern twang has already set in. You behave over there! ;)
Pink Mafia Sis #26

Dude, obviously I am not a BASEr, but I have never even heard of a jump like you did (holding your canopy deployed off the edge of the cliff). Where can I read more about that? Does it make on heading openings more likely? Something about it just seems crazy to me... but then again that's just me. :) Also, why did you cutaway?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

The Type of Jump is a McConkey. www.blincmagazine.com is probably a good place to start for info.

Crazy is probably a good description, listen to the guy talking about potential problems before launch, during the video.

I'm guessing Tom did a cutaway because he isn't used to landing with a packed chute on his person.

I'm guessing Tom did a cutaway because he isn't used to landing with a packed chute on his person.

i guess that Tom did it becours he started getting borred:ph34r::D and becours he found a way to do it...:PB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

It looked to me like TA had a packed rig when he exited (#6?) Which would tell me that he was only holding onto the risers at the "V", and didn't actually "cutaway" in the traditional sense--he just let go of the risers. Of course, REAL hard men do that off of 486' objects--but if this is the case, good on ya anyhow--but I have to say for the record:

what a waste from #6! Are long freefalls getting to be too stressful TA? They have pills for that I think.;)

Greetings

Look again! He has a cutaway handle in his hands when he lands.

I don't know about your rig but there are tertiary loops on mine to add a second set of Rings.

Also, even with out the extra loops you can add another set right under the existing rings. They will fit uder the diaganol. I'll look at the video again to see where it's attached. and edit accordingly.

Tom's crazy and all but the risers were attached :P

Here's the Edit: Under the Mud Flaps. An extra set of RW1's are bolted on under the Main lift web . My rig has loops in place for that very reason.

(the bolt ons might be a different part number, ... I should know this one :$ )
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Here's the Edit: Under the Mud Flaps. An extra set of RW1's are bolted on under the Main lift web . My rig has loops in place for that very reason.

I think you are both wrong :-P

Look to me like he's wearing two harness/containers. The McConkey rig is under neath his freefall rig as it would take up very little space without a canopy in it.

Edit: Added a grab from the video where you can clearly see two legstraps around one leg.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Interesting... but It looks like you're right! Good Eye! The Cutaway Housing should have been a giveway ... :$

I have 2 rigs... Hmmmm:P
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

either way, he's a soft cunt for not holding onto the V;)....Who's the hardman that'll step up to the Smellveggen challenge and handhold a canopy all the way back to the campground? Douggs can you hear me???

Sounds pretty crazy. "No harness required?"
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

REAL hard men do that off of 486' objects--but if this is the case, good on ya anyhow

Actually I watched him do an extremely sick McConkey from much lower. I was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. It wasn't a cutaway, but just totally.... sick...

Thanks to everyone (aka Sangiro) for keeping this place cleaned up while I'm out hopping off the rocks in Norway.

No site naming remember?

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Thanks to everyone (aka Sangiro) for keeping this place cleaned up while I'm out hopping off the rocks in Norway.

No site naming remember?

Yeah, like that gives away a site... "some rocks in Norway"... mmmm! Specific! ;-\

NICE! Just saw the videos. Tom is the fucking KING!
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click