Unbelievable - Ikea selling BASE photo prints

I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but my local Ikea store in south London is selling huge prints (probably 70cmx100cm or so) of a jumper going off a weird rock formation (im pretty sure it's the pic Mick Knutson has as his avatar thing on here), in between prints of New York's skyline at night, kittens, flowers and contemporary art prints.
Although i think im probably one of the only people to have bought one (they sure weren't in any danger of running low on stock for that particular print!) i was still amazed that something like that would be on sale at a store like Ikea. Anyway i guess it's a sign of the times?
Does anyone have any info on who the jumper is and the location? Thanks

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

I've seen the same print at a friend's house, it's a nice photo but from the gear it looks quite old. I'm sure it's the same rock formation as Mick's avatar.

Can't find any info on ikea.com.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

Does anyone have any info on who the jumper is

That's Ueli Gegenschatz

and the location?

It's bad form to name objects, even well known legal ones, so I'll leave it to Ueli who identifies it on his website.

Also check out the PeteG's pictures from the same object.

Cool
I have just painted my livingroom,and have planed to write BASE whit objekts i have jumped,by pics in big size.I soon have my A up there...:D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Ueli's a cool cat, and that particular object is a simply beautiful expression of his jumping philosophy. I know some Russian guys who have done it half a dozen times already, and it's quickly becoming a "must do" exit on the BASE circuit.

I'd dearly love to get my hands on that print. If anyone gets a line on acccess for us USA types, please do share.

Peace,

D-d0g
[email protected]
www.wrinko.com
+~+~+~+~
But this, surely, was the glory that no spirits, canine or human, had ever clearly seen, the light that never was on land or sea, and yet is glimpsed by the quickened mind everywhere.

apparently Ikea have been doing this print for awhile - I am sure you must be able to order online?!?!?!?

Be Safe............

They have the print available here in dutch IKEA's too. My dad came home with is past sunday as a present...don't you just love the man :)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Does anybody know the name or product number?
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Does anybody know the name or product number?

This is the number across the bottom of the print:
F732. 600-531-56
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

Thanks for that info, Im going to call Ikea Canada and see if it is available here.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I just spoke to a woman at Ikea Canada mail order and was told that they have posters with that number in some of the stores but she couldn't get a picture of the print from their system so couldn't say for certainty that it was the Base print.
I think that the product number and a phone call to your local Ikea may help anybody track down that print's availability. I'm 350 miles from the nearest Ikea so I have my oldest son going to have a look when he has a chance.
Go to Ikea.com and you can go to your country's website from there.
--
Murray

I had a look at the local Ikea (Brent Park superstore) - the print was sold out and they said that they were discontinuing it.

If you find an Ikea that still has them in stock you might want to buy a couple.

Funny this thread should come up. We have an IKEA here in Pittsburgh that I went to on Jan 1st. I also saw the poster and the photo was taken by Thomas Ulrich. I thought about buying one, then decided that I'd rather have a poster from our own 4-way from that very same cliff this past summer.

However, I can get you that print if you want. Just let me know and I'll pick one up next time I'm in Pittsburgh. The price was $15.99.

Peace,
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Hey Murrays,

they in deed have it in Canada (the Montreal store anyways).
Remster

my best friend bought one for me from Ikea for xmas, i love it. I put it up in my classroom and all my kids ask "Lew is that you?" and of course i say no, but i plan on jumping off that... then my Cajones put it in a really nice frame for me, and i get lots of compliments on it. everyone says "Wow"
http://www.exitshot.com

I put it up in my classroom

You should see the photos my Dad has in his classroom. He teaches physics, so he's always putting up these photos of jumping and climbing I give him, with explanations of the physics. I understand it's very effective at getting kids interested.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I just picked one up in Calgary, they have a whole wack of this poster.

My product # is the same as mentioned above...
Says on the bottom, Thomas Ulrich 2002

EDIT:
I have pasted my post to "Reason to BASE"
But Tom im still interested if you have some links;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Is that a Black'n'White picture?
Here in Hungary in the IKEA you can buy maybe the same photo.
My skydiving club already bought one!

Globalism RULEZ!

Was it taken somewhere in th Alps?

OVER