shveddy

Squirrel Suits; Information Only Please

Well I had high hopes for that other thread. It could have been a convenient place for some of the early adopters to post their impressions of and experiences with the new brand of suits coming on the market.

Unfortunately it seems destined to bloat with pages upon pages of utter nonesense. I don't want to sift through it all, so let's try to keep things on topic by adhering to some simple rules:

1. You can only post an opinion about the suit if you have seen it in person, or if you have communicated directly with someone who has. We all have access to the same information from the Internet, and odds are you are not special and you don't have a novel interpretation of the pictures we can all see. If you think you have a novel interpretation, post it in the other thread.

2. If you are not speaking from experience, you may post only in the form of a succinct reference to some new information or video that has popped up on the web. Please do so without any commentary of your own.

3. If you have a question to ask someone who has direct experience with the suits or need something clarified, you may ask but do so without shenanigans. No leading questions, no passive aggression, stick to the question, etc...

Alright, now behave like adults and obey the rules :|

Since my advice to everyone is always "try before you buy", when and where will demo suits be available to check out, and who should interested people contact to try one out (e.g., will there be sales reps)?
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

I would certainly hope so. Wingsuits; particularly high-end wingsuits; are a tremendously expensive piece of clothing and buying before trying is definitely not recommended. The caveat would be trust-fund babies and other rich people. I would hope the company is going to have travelling reps with demos or at least set up some of the prominent "all brands" wingsuit schools/ dealers (such as mine) with demos so people can try them out side-by-side with all the competitor offerings.

Chuck Blue
DragonFly Wingsuit School

Should have one within the next month, and will post a full review. No one has discussed how awesome the innie/outie feature is. Ive jumped an apache for a while, and it always feel just a little sketchy. I also had a reserve pull on opening early on with a prototype apache.

Pricing is supposed to be somewhere around the $1500 range, but Im not sure that has been set in stone yet, which would make it relatively cheap to similarly classed suits.

I got to see one of the prototypes in September. Everything looks top notch. High quality and based on watching Matt's flight from the exit point I'd say the proformance is excellent. Fastest start I've ever witnessed on a BASE jump.

If you think this is the suit you want I wouldn't hesitate. You won't be disappointed.

ScottyBob had one at the Eloy Holiday Boogie. I was impressed. The suit looks very well made. From the one video I watched of him flying it with other suits, it will be a suit to be reckoned with.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity