TitaniumLegs

180 turn to swoop bad?

>they can not ban swooping all together so they are using gradual approach: first
>270 becomes unsafe and even selfish . . .

Uh, no. 270's are unsafe IN A CROWDED PATTERN. Done in an empty sky they endanger only the person doing them, and thus are not a big deal (and do not need to be banned.)

>what is next? Rounds?

If you like.

they can not ban swooping all together so they are using gradual approach:

You think I want to ban hook turns??????
I have more 270* hook turns than you have total jumps..... So that kinda disproves your point.

The difference is I know that a 270 creates more traffic issues than a 180 and am not trying to justify what I LIKE with some false argument.

Sheesh, I know I said I was done here, but this last claim that I want to ban hook turns was just so silly I had to respond.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I don't think a 270 or a 180 belongs in the pattern.

That being said I see way more lower jump individuals with no swoop coaching flying straight down the center of the Dz and then whipping a fast 180 riser turn at a low altitude.

I see more people pulling 180s in the pattern after group jumps, and I see more swoopers pulling 270's electing to do low passes or clear and pulls.

You wont find me claiming one is safer than the other!
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I don't think a 270 or a 180 belongs in the pattern.

That being said I see way more lower jump individuals with no swoop coaching flying straight down the center of the Dz and then whipping a fast 180 riser turn at a low altitude.

I see more people pulling 180s in the pattern after group jumps, and I see more swoopers pulling 270's electing to do low passes or clear and pulls.

You wont find me claiming one is safer than the other!

You seem to miss the point.
This is not about doing more than 90 in the pattern.

This is about banning 180 FR hooks from swoop area, because some people thinks that FR180 is difficult to setup and dangerous, etc.

I'm jumping in a smallish club. We can do whatever hook, because we discuss it beforehand. I know my friends and I know their plans for landing.

I don't really think that having this kind of "standards" can replace dialog and communication.

I think there should be a requirement for going to the swoop area. You can go there if and only if:
  • you are able to wait your turn and have/create separation

• you are able to fly a recognisable landing pattern

• you are able to recognize a landing pattern

If you read the original post you will see that the OP's dz hasn't really done much to physically seperate swoop area from the regular pattern.

Obviously a club with small AC will have an easier time managing a landing pattern that mixes different landing patterns. Was that the point? :D it isn't fool proof though!

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
    =P

***I don't think there's a rule, but it generally works out that way, unless there's a second pass with tandems on the first pass. He says in that situation, he/they don't swoop. /***
    What about the videographers? They typically have smaller canopy's.. Some even swoop... Some just get down quick for the landing shot... Hence cameras focus on one thing... Not traffic either...
    The end result is directly connected to the effort applied

What about the videographers? They typically have smaller canopy's.. ...

aside

I still don't see the logic when people say "{non canopy related discipline} fly smaller canopies"

it just isn't true

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants