kleggo

My experiences with Simon @ Wicked Wingsuits.com

In a word? Superlative!
Simon and I have been in close contact for several months as I first took advantage of gaining insight from his advice regarding WS progression. Then I took advantage of his WS rental program as I tried to figure out which suit was suited for me at varying stages of my progression.

He has been ultra-accommodating as we worked to try to get me the appropriate suits in the appropriate size for my non-standard morphology.

I’m going to leave out many of the details of our dozens of communications for the sake of brevity. Be assured that I would be happy to do business with him in the future and highly recommend that if you are interested in wingsuiting and are in need of a suit to fly, you seriously consider reaching out to Simon and initiate a dialog.
Thanks Simon.

http://wickedwingsuits.com/

Craig

I always though the advertising banners where the payd ones on the top of the forum:P;)

That aside, I hope the progression mentioned is picking the right suit first time round, and not aimed at getting people in the biggest suit possible asap.

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

To receive such wonderful unsolicited praise is truly moving and we appreciate it Craig, Thank You.

We listen to all feedback...both the praise and the constructive comments. When possible we act on it...and in this case we will strive to keep customer communication and satisfaction at the top of our priority list. We can't promise it will always be perfect but we can promise to always try our best...to communicate and provide value for money. If our customers keep the feedback coming it can only help us provide better service and value. We recently adjusted our return shipping instructions based on a customers input.

We are a new and small Skydiving company that wants to take over the rental world in our own way. In the American Rental Association (http://www.ararental.org/) we are quite a novelty and it could produce unexpected marketing for our disciple.

There is an Intuit Small Business Grant that we have applied for and we need some LOVE. I have seen Wingsuiters rally behind each other before and if you can help it would be appreciated. Vote at the following URL:

http://rpx.me/XJYb

Any questions or comments from folks, shoot me an email, PM or phone call anytime...we love to talk wingsuits!

Wickey
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

If the first post wasn't advertising, that one surely was!

I think you need to throw HH some beer tokens for that one... ;)

Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

If the first post wasn't advertising, that one surely was!

I think you need to throw HH some beer tokens for that one... ;)

How did you reach that conclusion Holmes?

Maybe the OP was genuinely trying to be helpful to the community. Maybe he's just been too busy to check back and answer any questions...

very true Luke H, life does not permit me to spend much time crusing the inet. I would much rather be riding / flying, but working takes up most of the time.

be safe

Craig

It's always nice to hear positive feedback about businesses.

Out of curiosity, how many different models did you rent, for how long, and roughly how many jumps did you make on them?

Hi Luke
I have 60 jumps on a BM Classic II and ~ 30 jumps on a borrowed BM GTI, all jumped in the 2000 - 2003 time frame.

I have made ~ 15 recent jumps on a PF P2 borrowed from Spot while learning how to fly modern WS.

The 1st suit Simon sent was an Intro, i jumped it 3 times, primarily just to confirm sizing.

Now i am jumping a T Bird and have made ~ 40 jumps on it.

i'm currently awaiting Simon to have a R Bird available in my size.

Cheers

Craig

I always though the advertising banners where the payd ones on the top of the forum:P;)

That aside, I hope the progression mentioned is picking the right suit first time round, and not aimed at getting people in the biggest suit possible asap.

Indeed not, Simon has counseled a slow measured progression and has helped me throttle my gotta-go-faster mentality.
See my post above.

Craig

With your previous experience I would have thought going straight into a Phantom/Indy/R-Bird type suit would have been the logical next step, I don't follow the reasoning behind Phantom > Intro > T-Bird > R-Bird.

It's hard to believe that it's a better financial option renting all of those suits rather than buying an intermediate type suit (new or second hand) at the beginning, putting at least 100 jumps on it (perhaps a few hundred jumps) and then if you decide to change it - sell it on. I know there is a huge demand for second hand Phantom 2s and presumable for other comparable suits so you'll have no trouble selling on unless you are a very odd shape or pick hideous colours.

I thought the rental program was more aimed at people that were brand new to WS and weren't sure if they wanted to commit to sourcing and buying a suit until they had a few jumps to decide if it was something they really wanted to do more of. Maybe it makes sense if you are somewhere with full-time DZs and can make lots of jumps in a short time.

With your previous experience I would have thought going straight into a Phantom/Indy/R-Bird type suit would have been the logical next step, I don't follow the reasoning behind Phantom > Intro > T-Bird > R-Bird.

It's hard to believe that it's a better financial option renting all of those suits rather than buying an intermediate type suit (new or second hand) at the beginning, putting at least 100 jumps on it (perhaps a few hundred jumps) and then if you decide to change it - sell it on. I know there is a huge demand for second hand Phantom 2s and presumable for other comparable suits so you'll have no trouble selling on unless you are a very odd shape or pick hideous colours.

I thought the rental program was more aimed at people that were brand new to WS and weren't sure if they wanted to commit to sourcing and buying a suit until they had a few jumps to decide if it was something they really wanted to do more of. Maybe it makes sense if you are somewhere with full-time DZs and can make lots of jumps in a short time.

I will PM you a financial analysis that shows between money AND time it works out cheaper to take a rental approach to get to the right suit. You should consider that for some people time is harder to come by than money. It isn't for everybody for sure but it does work well for some. As with everything in skydiving and life options are what counts best to the customer.

It's always nice to hear positive feedback about businesses.

Out of curiosity, how many different models did you rent, for how long, and roughly how many jumps did you make on them?

Hi Luke
I have 60 jumps on a BM Classic II and ~ 30 jumps on a borrowed BM GTI, all jumped in the 2000 - 2003 time frame.

I have made ~ 15 recent jumps on a PF P2 borrowed from Spot while learning how to fly modern WS.

The 1st suit Simon sent was an Intro, i jumped it 3 times, primarily just to confirm sizing.

Now i am jumping a T Bird and have made ~ 40 jumps on it.

i'm currently awaiting Simon to have a R Bird available in my size.

Cheers

Craig

Good news is the latest R Bird Small just came out of the factory for you Craig, coming your way soon.

Also, Wicked Wingsuits is heading to Carolinafest this weekend, if anybody would like to try a T, R or S let me know so I bring the right sizes! I hear it is a really fun boogie and FlockU will be organizing.

Wickey