mchamp

PF new Ghost 3

Anyone have any info on the newest release wingsuit from PF? (Not on the website yet, but leaked/teased on FB from the company) How does if fly compared to the Ghost 2 and what kind of modifications did they do?

Always got to love the new toys that manufactures add to their flight line B|
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

so, is there any comparison yet, between ghost 2 and 3 ??

cause i've got a ghost 2 and my friend orderd a ghost 3 and it would piss me off when he flies this shit away ;);)[/;)]

http://www.skydive-freistadt.at
https://vimeo.com/rosettenkasper
http://www.youtube.com/user/kefercity

Costyn and I both have flown the ghost3 and noticed a huge difference in flying. Especialy on the back, the suit is amazing.

I could keep up with a friend of mine who was backflying the ghost3.
On exit he hit 100% and the ghost2, shadow, sfly verso and phantom couldnt match his fwd speed and float untill he took it back to 75%.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Anyone have any info on the newest release wingsuit from PF? (Not on the website yet, but leaked/teased on FB from the company) How does if fly compared to the Ghost 2 and what kind of modifications did they do?

Always got to love the new toys that manufactures add to their flight line B|

here are some photos
I think it is on the web
those who want a Venom have less luck never seems to arrive!
;)
Those who risk nothing, do nothing, became nothing, achieve nothing

I think it is on the web

Yes..be it on a model who is few inches to short. But he flew it amazingly well..

Because the orders places so far are pre-orders. And the suit isnt officially out yet....;)
But you should be getting mail from Robert soon...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I think it is on the web

Yes..be it on a model who is few inches to short. But he flew it amazingly well..

Because the orders places so far are pre-orders. And the suit isnt officially out yet....;)
But you should be getting mail from Robert soon...

Jarno because the truth is that I am a little heavy, is the desire to fly that I have
thanks ;);)
Those who risk nothing, do nothing, became nothing, achieve nothing

The Ghost 2 and 3 are very different. Flying the ghost 3 felt more like a stealth: massive inflation and a challenging pull. It scared me a bit on the first couple jumps. I don't have any numbers or graphs but I'm sure the ghost 3 outperforms the 2 in all aspects.

So I think you'll be screwed if you try to outfly your friend in your ghost 2. Sorry! :)

Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

The Ghost3 has an edge on the Ghost2, but look at the photo I posted. You can fly ANY suit with ANY suit in combination with pilot skill.

When comparing suits, people often mention the 100% performance. But in flying with eachother, there is always a large overlap in performance where we can play comfortably and with a lot of fun.
So for sure, if you can find a Ghost2 somewhere, or if you have one...you can fly it with any suit, any brand.

Max performance and flocking are two completely different things. Even a flock flown at maximum flocking speed, will never be near 100% of the lowest performance suit in the group, to make sure everybody can match the flying speeds.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Okay, i understand and its clear to me that a skilled pilot wont have any problems.
But wouldn't it be easier for both of us to fly with a similar suite, if we, like in my case, are not that skilled ws-pilots?

In case somebody wants to get rid of his ghost 2, i would be interested!!!:D:D

Costyn also just put his order in for one (he previously owned a Ghost2).
I heard DSE just received his Ghost3 and is jumping it atm.
Curious to hear what he thinks. So far everyone who has flown the suit has been extremely impressedB|

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Love it love it love it.
Long flight time, easy to fly, get onto your back with serious ease...
Just two jumps, but the two jumps both pulled (combined) avg time of 40, best slow is 36, max (combined) is 54.

Amazingly easy to fly and very fast. No...doesn't have the float of the Venom, and not remotely close to the speed of the V4. But it is very fast, and very solid without any tweaking.
Although my P2 is the suit I'll always use for the majority of students, the Ghost3 will likely become my "standard" suit.

[edit]
'nother jump on this suit, entirely on back. Not much difference in backfly time as belly, and speeds are very similar to belly too. It's a very easy suit to get over 2 mins on back (138 seconds first jump on back, deploying at 4K).