LouDiamond

2008 Wingsuit qualifier and skills camp

I'll be running a Skills camp for those who are interested in improving their overall skills and are also looking to develop flying skills specific to larger formations like the Bigway wingsuit event being held in November at Skydive Arizona. Details about the Skills camp can be found HERE and the registration form can be downloaded from HERE

A calendar of wingsuit events can be found HERE. Additional information will be posted as the event(s) grow near.

Hotel accommodations at the Skyrider Inn are available for the wingsuit skills camp participants.If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Here is some information on how to get to the DZ and accomodation information:

You can fly into Phoenix or Tucson. I recommend Phoenix. For directions from the airport(s) to Eloy click HERE.

For a break down on rooms, food and other ammenities click HERE. Links are located at the top of the screen

For phone numbers to local hotels and links click HERE and scroll to the bottom of the page.

I have a special rate as well as a limited block of rooms reserved at the skyrider Inn specifically for those attending the wingsuit camp. If you reserve a room at the Skyrider Inn let them know you are there for the camp and you will receive the special rate.

If anyone requires additional information or needs a clarification about something,feel free to PM or E-mail with your questions.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Good to see that you will be in Arizona, March 3 thru 12.

Looking forward to Sunday and Monday, 3-9 and 3-10, for instruction towards the flocking big and safe concept.

Can we start a dialog regarding aproach speed and angle?

Can we see diagrams of the stadium?

Mark

For those who are not familiar with the Skyrider Inn hotel, it is located approx +/-300 meters from the main landing area. It offers full hotel type services, internet and in some cases full kitchenettes. The rooms can sleep 3 people comfortably, max is 5 with a rollaway bed. Some of the rooms I have blocked off include rooms with the kitchenettes. Pictures of the room layouts can be seen HERE
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

UPDATE: I have managed to secure more rooms at the lower rate at the Skyrider Inn. Be sure to tell them you are there for the camp to get the lower rate.

Also, make sure you register for the event if you plan on attending, doing so ensures that you will get the lower ticket rate come the start of the camp.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

For those who are arriving early, or just in the area and want to fly, I will be in Eloy from the 1st- 19th. For all those attending the skills camp, make sure you check in with manifest and take care of your paperwork and buy tickets as soon as possible. We will meet in the main hanger at 8 am, bring all of your gear to skydive. See you there:)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Small update: We will meet in the main hanger at 7:00AM to give us more time to jump before it gets too warm or the winds pick up. Bring all your gear,tickets and make sure your reserve is in date.:)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Will manifest be open at that time to get tickets

Manifest should be open at 7:45.
If you have not jumped at Skydive Arizona in the past 2 years you will need to fill out a new release form.
Everyone will need to bring their gear into manifest for a gear check. Please have your USPA card (or that from your governing NAC) with you.:)

Figure for 5-6 jumps a day and be sure to have a way to hydrate with you as it is warm as was stated above.

*pulls on body armor and gets ready to run for cover*

Come on, it was 106*F last year. Now that's hot. You getting soft Scott?:oB|:P
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Figure for 5-6 jumps a day and be sure to have a way to hydrate with you as it is warm as was stated above.

*pulls on body armor and gets ready to run for cover*

Come on, it was 106*F last year. Now that's hot. You getting soft Scott?:oB|:P

No, not me, I've been out here for the last 3 weeks , I've got my tan already. I just don't want to see those folks coming from paler climates falling out from heat stroke or being shocked by how warm it can get during the day.;)
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

If you plan on attending and haven't already registered I suggest you do to avoid delays on the first day. Only registered attendees will receive the $18.50 cash ticket price.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

This is gonna be fun!

Plan on lots of water intake. If you are thirsty, it's too late. Bring apples and oranges.(canned peaches are my favorite).

Plan on landing well away from the turbulence of the buildings. Ask Monkey about toe grabbing gopher holes.

* Discounted jump tickets are getting very scarce. Remember to thank Betsy and Larry Hill, if you see them. *

Unlike California, or optimal weather window is sunrise to heat induced winds, anytime between 10.00 a.m. and 14.00.

Even tho the event has not yet begun, people are trickling in. We got some fun jumps in today, Ed flew a pretty good base until he started oogling clouds to the west. Mark, Nick, and myself hung in there even though we were winging around like a drunken snake.
See y'all tomorrow.

Day one of real stuff.
Wow...hard to pick out who would take home the "most improved of the day" award, cuz there were a lot of them. Two groups, varying skill levels, and between Juan Mayer and Scott, there is some very good video that was shown in the debriefs.
Mark has some comeuppance for biting the tail wings and shoes of other wingsuiters.

Incredible day, starting with a very early morning high-speed pass out of the Skyvan. Scott worked everyone pretty hard. It was hot (105) but we stayed in the air, forgoing video debriefs in favor of getting on more loads and verbal debriefs.
Personally, I came away from the camp with several new techniques and tools for flying better. It was fun meeting several new friends, and seeing a couple not-so-new friends.
The last jump of the day was super sweet, being a fun flock, photo op for everyone, and a beautiful flight.
Thanks to Scott Campos and Skydive Arizona for hosting an educational and memorable event!

I'm sorry... all i'm hearing is babble... WHERE ARE THE PICTURES ;)

Hi Guys,

Attached are some photos from the last weekend.
Thank you to everybody for the jumps!!! I really enjoyed of the jumps!!!! Some of them from 16500 ft!!!!!!!

Cheers

Juan MELON Mayer
Wingsuits Instructor BMI-AR001
Bird-Man Official Dealer
msn: [email protected]
WWW.FLYMELONFILMS.COM