The111

Puerto Rico Freefall Fest 2008 photos online

Actally what you are discribing is the way it is done here in Europe for some time.
I was in Morrocco the weak for the boogie and Zun was verry clear on the quick exit and dedicated slotflying.

Only thing we didn't do was the ohm,ohm,ohmB|

If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes???
My logbook

I'm not bragging on my "skills" but rather expressing my disappointment in regards to what I've personally experienced so far.

Yup...its a shame that such expressions are often taken as an insult or bragging about own skills...
But again...couldnt agree more...

There's a 25 page pdf file on our FLB website on most of this stuff as well....
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Dude, the boogies on each side of the country seem to attract people from neighboring states... So, if you wanna knock me for calling our crowd "west cost", it simply was because I observed that the people in PR were mostly from the east side of our pile of rock, and I saw a lot of new faces.

Whatever.

Travis, I didn't mean to offend you. I was just jabbing in fun, as is the habit on this board. Should I have prefaced my comments by calling you gay?....

The second part of my original post was really not aimed at you (and was disclaimed as such), so I regret that the negative (just useless venting) tone of those following comments colored the playful jesting that was actually aimed at you.
Brian Drake

Thank you Jarno. You got where I was going with this rant.

And actually, your 25 page PDF provided confirmation for my disappointment. I thought for a while that perhaps my expectations were overblown, but in that article you quite accurately pointed to some of the barriers that have prevented the discipline from maturing (which indicated I am not alone in thinking the maturation process should be further along by now). The sad thing is, they aren't real barriers since there's no need to re-invent the wheel (as you point out by referencing RW). But I think it's lack of discipline and/or motivation that's stagnated the development of a large number of flyers.
Brian Drake

Putting the tag of 'first', 'biggest', 'largest', 'fastest' etc on every formation attempt at a boogie, or even just putting people on bigger dives then they should be on, also doesnt help in keeping the pressure low...(lame joke/cheap jab coming) resulting in lots of people doing "ohmm...ohm...ohm" while it could be relaxed and smiling on smaller dives:P

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Scott,

You look like your having NO FUN AT ALL! It really must have sucked for all at those parties! Really rough trying to carry on with that "I ain't having no fun" look on your face in #7558..

I guess the pics also prove the old saying, "it really is never a party with out a midget (or dwarf).." Combine that with the Rums of Puerto Rico drink stand and and women in bikini's, I am surprised the pics you let out really lent themselves to proving any successful jumps happened the following day! That must have been the last night or Matt just forged the shots he posted :P

Looks like a fantastic time at a beautiful place!!

Scott C.

"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Matt, Brother, nice job, All your best pictures have ME in them, thanks for makin me look so damn good.. .:P nice job as always bro

My stuff will be up by the end of the weekend everyone... Thanks And Flock On

Blue Skies

Scotty

oh and who makes ya look good matt?? lol
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography