unclecharlie95

What competition discplines / records would you like to see in the future?

How bout two or more wingsuiters towing tubes

Sounds cool...B|
Im in!

Mark has some great stories about the openings and pilotchutes entangled with the chute and banner/tube for anyone interested...:P
(see attachment)

But thats quite 2 dimensional thinking about the pilon race btw.
Some idea's we kicked around resemble the current atmonauti races,
Have 2 flyers with smoke, one above the other.
Flying at roughly 30 meters distance or so.

Then have other flyers upfloat and dive around the smoke.
So a pilonrace, in the direction of flight, instead of downward.
It would mean climbing and diving a lot...so complicate things, you could make it manditory that all flyers face the smoke at all time with their eyes.
So backflying underneath the smoke-trailers..B|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

GPS with (realtime)video overlay

Can already be done with the right system but it can also be accomplished using Paralog, Klaus and I worked that one out about 2 + years ago.

creating flight corridors, pilons

Have been working on that one for a few years with Ash. There is a way to do it(safely) but not consistently enough that the course would be the same from competitor to competitor and to do it right would be resource prohibitive.

virtual flight partners

Based on what I have seen in the field, there are already a good number of people who consistently fly with their virtual flight partners on every dive and from what they have told me after their flights, they were in thier slots(of course).;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

The big trick is that unless the tube mouth is a few yards back from you half of the opening will be half in your burble. If the tube is a few yards back the bridle for the tube gets much more complex in design.

The mouth may need to be like the belly scoop on a p-51.

I vote pylon races.

Mike and Scotty and I tried it this weekend with un-weighted tennis balls over the swamp. We were falling about as slowly as we could when we all released the balls at the same time. Boy did those balls take off up and behind us ... none of us ever saw them again.

sweet, thats what I was thinking, Lightly weighted banners/tubes. enough to create a 60 mph fall rate maybe? how about different classes for different speeds.
It could be like a downhill course. A lead plane could lay the course and jumpers could follow out of a second?

how about different classes for different speeds.

I think the biggest issue with most of the plans is the amount of people, planning and variables you need/get in just one single jump.

As it is, most WS competitions barely have enough contestants to have a proper contest, and already there is talk about different classes/leagues etc.

I still believe the biggest key to a succesfull competition format would be to find one that is clean and judgeable without all the variables such as the wind, extra people/airplanes following as 'living cones' etc.

Passing battons, flying points, flying formations etc.
And though definately wind-dependant, I'd love to see a GPS comp combined with a 2-way+ camera contest. See who can fly the best distance while flying points;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?