james309

Vector For wingsuit

I am getting ready to buy my first custom gear, and I really want a Vector. I don't want to hear from all the people who think Vectors are great. I want to hear from anyone that think Vectors don't work for wingsuit flight and why, so tell me why you don't like your vector. thanks.
You only live once, but If you live like I did once is enough.

You will never hear a valid reason why it won't work for wingsuits....... a reason doesn't exist seriously.The parameters for wingsuit rigs are less demanding than say freeflying. Not all of the wingsuit rig mods are needed by everybody. Thousands of nice wingsuit deployments were brought to us on rigs without open corners and with standard factory bridles.

Sorry it wasn't what you wanted to hear. I hope this helps and I hope this doesn't start an absurd argue-tread taking us nowhere.

I want to hear from anyone that think Vectors don't work for wingsuit flight

Vectors dont work for wingsuit flight!

However, for holding 2 canopies, and deploying one or the other after a wingsuit flight, it works like a charm;)

Too many people cut up rigs/corners for no reason at all..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Jarno's dutch??

i suppose that explains the clogs....

Wait, why hasn't anyone suggested the OP thinks about W/S when they have enough jumps? :D
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Wait, why hasn't anyone suggested the OP thinks about W/S when they have enough jumps? [Laugh]

Maybe he's planning a conservative enough canopy progression to still be using that container when he reaches the proper experience for wingsuits?

I mean, if I was buying a brand new container I'd damn well hope it lasted more than 150 jumps!:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

*bangs head against a wall*

Yeah, I get that it was a joke! I just happen to like nitpicking, is that so wrong?;)

(Seriously though, the amount of people that get brand new gear which is on sale 50 jumps later! Oh if I had that kind of cash to throw around...)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Seriously though, the amount of people that get brand new gear which is on sale 50 jumps later!

I bought my spectre 170 and rig (vector II, used a lot for birdman jumps btw) at 80 jumps, and jumped that bad boy for about 3 years +-400 jumps.

Doesnt have to be a waste at all if you're not in a rush to downsize..

I made up for the safe canopy-choice by being more dangerous in freefall though..so no worries there..;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I think we all know that. You're one crazy mofo and you would never catch me jumping with you...

Without my L/D clogs of course...
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Without my L/D clogs of course...

Anyone intrested, join our pre-cochstedt weekend in belgium, and we include a L/D clog-buying trip to Amsterdam...

They also have other stuff there that makes you fly high as a kite..or so I hear..:S
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

and we include a L/D clog-buying trip to Amsterdam...

Tell eveyone to bring their clogs to Cochstedt and we'll put together a CLOG way and achieve a 3.0 L/D AND Laminar Flow. :P
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING