Bones

Wingsuit newbie headed to Eloy

I figure this question could fit into this thread. I will be going to Eloy from South Africa from the 27th Feb to 15th March and would like to see if it is at all possible to get a BMI rating (ie attend a BMI course) during the time that I am there - is there anyone with knowledge of whether this would be possible during that period??
You are defined by how you respond to what happens to you NOT by what happens to you!

Your choices in the USA for the BMI course are here in Z-hills with me, in North Carolina with Scott Campos (assuming he is available), in Lodi, California with Ed Pawlowski, or possibly in Deland or elsewhere on the east coast of FL with Perry. There are no BMCI's at Eloy, but you might contact Scott and see if he is stopping back by there after the PIA symposium with his girlfriend.

Make him a dealer and you can call it a day.

Or you can do one of the Pope style telephone blessings. (Waves hands around) "in the name of the designer, the manufacturer and the holy flocker- you are now an instructor" -Poof- "here is your patch"! I know you must have a father Guido Sarduchi costume in the monkeybago somewhere that would give the proceedings a nice touch.

i'm going to guess minimal as we're all jumping, but then there will be 3 BMCI's there...

4 BMCI's actually Jari, Scott, Mark and Rolf...
And at least one PFCI (asuming james will be there again..I'll bring my magnum if you bring the camera!;))

And probably more then a dozen or so BMI's and PFI's

Best chances at that would probably be early in the week, when the boogie is not yet operating at full tilt, and people are still willing to skip a load or two..

Dont know if you're in Europe anytime sooner.
Rolf is traveling around a lot, and is doing BMI courses at several DZ's throughout the year..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Are your travel dates firm? I will be in Eloy for the first half of Feb except for the 5-9th when I will be at PIA. After that I will be back in Eloy and could possibly do something say around the 10-15th. Barring that, I cannot positivly say at this point if I could do a BMI course during the dates you posted.

EDIT: Cochstedt would not be an ideal place to do a BMI course as there will already be a lot of things going on and all the BMCIs will be gainfully employed
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I'll be in Eloy (arriving 28 Feb) from 1 March to 14 March (leaving morning of the 15th), so if you are there and you feel like imparting some of the knowledge and tricks of the trade to further expand the skills in South Africa it would be absolutely flockalicious!

Damn! I misread the month :S[:/] "one only sees what you want to see!"

Maybe a couple of days before Cochstedt and afterwards???

DAX
You are defined by how you respond to what happens to you NOT by what happens to you!

Maybe a couple of days before Cochstedt and afterwards???

I'll more than likely be in the UK at another boogie before Cochstedt. Once the An-72 boogie is over and the plane flies away, there is no more skydiving there, it's just a brand new, unused airport in the middle of Germany. If you plan on being in the UK before Cochstedt perhaps we could make something happen. Barring that I don't know what else to do. Do you have any other skydiving vacation plans that we could possibly link up at?
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

At present, unless I win the lottery, its Eloy, Cochstedt and then the African Free Fall Convention out in South Africa at the end of the year - over the new year's holidays. Hopefully we will have an opportunity to attempt a meaningful African record flock at the AFFC this year. We had a C-130 Hercules at the boogie this year for the first time in more than a decade (on South African soil) - only 4 loads were sent up. I did get to do one with my Firebird - new S6 was delayed in the mail somewhere [:/]