Supergeil

What`s the Katana like?

The Katana is still in beta testing, but every day we are getting closer to releasing it :)I have only gotten a little sneak preview of the canopy a while back, but the Katana is going to be awesome (ok, so I might be slightly biased here :D).

This canopy is an elliptical and thus intended for the more experienced canopy pilots out there - it's definitely not a canopy for a beginner!

Blue ones,
Kolla
Blue Skies Magazine

Beta testing. What`s that?

I talked with PD at the Freeflaj festival in Sweden at week 29, at that time he said two week`s or so before we release it.

I have a freind in Ohio and he`s coming home to Denmark in January and it would be nice if he could take a Katana home with him....thats why I hardly can`t wait:o

Beta testing for PD means that the design of the canopy is fairly well squared away, and is now being polished and fine tuned to do perform the way we dreamed of :)I'm not sure your friend in Ohio will be able to bring one home for Christmas, but I'd be fairly optimistic.

Oh, and there must have been a lot of beer at that freefly festival in Sweden, if the PD rep said two weeks - it wasn't quite ready even for beta testing back then ;)

And Dazzle:

I'm sure this will get a "when it's ready" reply but any chance of it being ready for demos by the time I get to US for thanksgiving?

- I'd say chances are slim, but not impossible at all - keep your fingers crossed! I'll PM you my e-mail so you can keep in touch for Thanksgiving!

Blue ones!
kolla
Blue Skies Magazine

It's still in PD's hands, no-one else is jumping it.

That's not entirely correct. The brittish 4-way was jumping them at Gap last month. Or maybe they were just beta testing them for PD.;)

Anyway, I don't think there will be any dramatic performance differences between the Katana and other "regular" 9-cell elllipticals. Although PD's marketing tactics are admirable. :P

Anyway, I don't think there will be any dramatic performance differences between the Katana and other "regular" 9-cell elllipticals. Although PD's marketing tactics are admirable. :P

I can hear Kolla laughing at that one; a quote from a 200 jump test pilot.:D

I know a few sponsored pilots who jump for the competition and they all say this canopy is hot.

The Brits have proven a very valuable Beta testing tool - and so have a few other sponsored teams & individuals B|

And Kirils,

I hope PD's "beta testing" isn't anything like Microsoft's!

- nope, nothing like it - that's probably a big part of the reason it isn't out yet :P

Blooos!
kolla
Blue Skies Magazine

I can hear Kolla laughing at that one; a quote from a 200 jump test pilot. I know a few sponsored pilots who jump for the competition and they all say this canopy is hot.

Me, a test pilot? I'm not quite there yet, although I wouldn't mind having a beta version of the Katana. (I do, however, study marketing, so at least in that part of my post I know exactly what I'm talking about:P)
I've no doubt the canopy will be "hot", but will it be the absolute shizznit among non-crossbraced ellipticals? (Hats off to PD if the answer actually turns out to be yes)

but will it be the absolute shizznit among non-crossbraced ellipticals?

Why wouldn't it be? Someone has to end up with the best non-crossbraced elliptical, right?

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Why wouldn't it be? Someone has to end up with the best non-crossbraced elliptical, right?

LOL, good point. But by "absolute shizznit" (and also "dramatic differences") I meant something that leaves competitors far behind. The way regular ellipticals are already performing now, I personally don't believe such an improvement is possible. But that's just my 200-jump-wonder opinion.

Nope not yet... that's right. But my plan is about 350-450 jumps next year. David and me are going to the land of vodka for a month. And by that time I think I have a Katana in my container.
(what you don't want to now is that it's going to be a bit smaller) And no the Sabre2 isn't going to be sold.
But yes you can stil try it for a jump if you like?
By the way...it's quite some time scince we had a talk about wingload etc. it's always nice to hear others opinion.

And you now me I'm always careful;)

See you.
Torben

Torben,
I dont know you, but you probably should´nt go any smaller than your 5sqft Sabre that you´ve stated in your profile! A wl of 41,80 is fairly high for your jump-no.!;):SB|
I wanna see your container!!:ph34r:
Ride on!
------------------------------------------------------
ROCK ON,.....HARD!
Proud European!!