notsane

New V2

Thanks for the advice on the thumb loop. Robi let me know that my suit's on it's way. It's been a long wait but I understand how things are. Hope you're enjoying the new suit, bet you flew it all weekend. Arms tired?
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

My arms weren't as tired as I expected. I'm trying to not pull like a madman on the grippers, but rather use them to position the end of the arm wing. In a sense it reminds me of the S3, too much tension doesn't help and tires you out very fast.

Scott

Are the inlets on your V2 so far back(see pictures posted)? It also seems like the upper part of the scoop on my V2 is too short...As soon as I tension the suit...the slit closes and the arm wings do not inflate. They flutter the whole way. I spent two whole jumps just trying to get the arm wings to inflate...I have to roll the hell out of my shoulders to get the inlets into the airstream...even then they don't work.

Kris.

I'm not at home so I can't send a pic, but I will. The air inlets on mine do a terrific job. My arms wings inflate very quickly out the door .. no flutter at all. Is it possible that you have the thumb loops too tight? That might cause excess tension on the entire wing.

Also you might check your routing of the lift webs through the wing. It's hard to see in your pics, but it looks like the front passages for the lift web need to move up some. That might pull the air inlets backwards. Look in the mirror with everything on to be sure.

The thumbloops are loose...and the flight of the phantom is not different with 4th tab skipped or 3rd tab skipped. The setup I used is skipping the 4th body tab as recommended in the V2 manual. Also in the photo posted...I am really trying hard to get the scoops to the front....such a flight position is impossible. See the attached picture...to get a better idea of where the inlet is. The inlet works if it is in the path of the relative wind in a way that forces air into the scoop. With the way the scoops are on my suit...enough air cannot get in.

I tried pulling the wing tight and also loosening the tension by bringing the whole arm in and rotating the shoulder to get the scoop into the air flow....even eased up on the legs so as to release tension and not allow the scoop slit from closing......no joy. Switched to Phantom for last jump of the day...no issues. But as you can see from the pics...the phantom air inlets are a lot more in front in relation to the shoulder.

Can others post pics of how the V2 sits on their shoulders please? If possible from the side to get a better view.

Thanks,
Kris.

That does seem a bit off. I measured mine from the arm zipper (which I assume is in the same location on everyone regardless of measurements). The inlet starts almost 10cm from the arm zipper, and ends 14 cm back from the zipper, so that the midway point of the inlet is on the leading edge. Your picture doesn't seem to convey the same. Mine work very well, so I'm happy.:)
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Mine work very well, so I'm happy.:)

You have a V2 as well(I know you have a Phantom)...Cool. I am very happy with the way the Phantom inlets work. Did you not see the pics I posted from the Norway jumps? Where was that link again :D:D?

Anyway do you have a piece of yellow cutaway cable across the top surface of the inlet? Kinda like big grab toggles(BASE).

Kris.

You have a V2 as well(I know you have a Phantom)...Cool. I am very happy with the way the Phantom inlets work. Did you not see the pics I posted from the Norway jumps? Where was that link again :D:D?
Anyway do you have a piece of yellow cutaway cable across the top surface of the inlet? Kinda like big grab toggles(BASE).
Kris.

Actually, unfortunately the release of the V2 caught me by surprise so I hadn't planned on buying a suit, but of course I had to have it so I had to let go of the Phantom.:(
I saw your Norway pics, good job ;)
Yes, the yellow cable is good, I have them on mine.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957