TomAiello

Hey, Y'all...

What kind of performance does it get?

This kind, I'd bet.

Heh awesome pic.

Okay so it's an amazing looking suit, very cool. It just very fast and sleek and everything, but I can't help thinking that this thing will be outflown by most wingsuits? It is still a trackingsuit. If you're gonna go this far with a tracking suit, why not put these sorts of modifications on a wingsuit? Then you'll really get awesome performance (especially that integrated rig + deflector combo is very cool).

Anyone know the reasoning behind it? Or is it a "just because we can" project, which is cool too of course. B|:P
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

It just very fast and sleek and everything, but I can't help thinking that this thing will be outflown by most wingsuits? It is still a trackingsuit. If you're gonna go this far with a tracking suit, why not put these sorts of modifications on a wingsuit?

Have you seen Virtus 2? You can download it from Skydivingmovies (BASE section). There's an interesting head to head comparison (WS versus a VKB tracking suit) about 4:20 minutes into the movie...

...but I can't help thinking that this thing will be outflown by most wingsuits? It is still a trackingsuit. If you're gonna go this far with a tracking suit, why not put these sorts of modifications on a wingsuit?

Did you see how close he is to the ground?

Imagine having to bail on the flight because you've flubbed the exit or something, and pitching that low with your arms and legs still tied up in the wingsuit. Tracking suits allow BASE jumpers to open significantly closer to obejcts (including hills, slopes, and tourists standing on slight rises) with a much greater safety margin.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

this thing will be outflown by most wingsuits

In terms of glide ratio, yes. But for the thrill of flying at amazing horizontal speed, a sleek suit optimized for glide ratio 1.4 with minimum drag will beat wingsuits hands down. Prodigy pants do 140mph horizontally easy, but they are not optimized for minimum drag.

A suit like this will be a true Speed Satan!

Yuri
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio