leoholanda

What modelos *are not* for beginer?

When someone ask me what wingsuit make and model are ok to do first ws flight, I used to mention some models from bird-man and Phoenix-Fly. Today, there a growing number of models and also new makes. I know that some models are best recommended for first flights like classics or prodigy, but some models does not represent a problem like GTi or Phantom. But there are some models there are really not recommended for first flight, like all Skyflyers (and s3, s3s, s6 gibr) and Vampire V-1.
My question is:
What other models and makes are really not recommended other than skyflyers and vampire?
Leo Holanda

Generally, I would recommend any model that has wings which "do not get in the way" at pull time. More specifically, I would recommend that a person not start on any suit which which must be flown with the equipped grippers held.

I would never recommend that anyone start on a SkyFlyer of any designation, nor a Vampire. Beyond those two, I would not hesitate to take a student up on any other offering by any company so long as they met what I consider to be the requisite amount of skydiving experience.

Definitely not with the tail extension. Also, not if the instructor didn't also have one so he could stay "up." Every person I have talked to about that suit said the pull was not an issue at all and that, and stability, are my criteria for suitability in this case.

Chuck

Generally, I would recommend any model that has wings which "do not get in the way" at pull time. More specifically, I would recommend that a person not start on any suit which which must be flown with the equipped grippers held.

I think this logic should be modified a bit. Two beginner suits (Access and Prodigy), for example, must be flown with the equipped grippers held, but their wings do not get in the way at pull time.

bsbd!

Yuri.

Definitely not with the tail extension. Also, not if the instructor didn't also have one so he could stay "up."

Gets me thinking, what can the instructor do for the student if he can stay up? If things go wrong in the wrong suit, there isn't much he can do except take Video of the the mistakes.

Franco
If it does not cost anything you are the product.

My experience with the GS-1, although fading from my memory, left me glad that I had flown other suits first, especially how it performed on its back. It was hard to get it to roll over, and it was hard to get it to roll back... Generally I found that it was hairy in acrobatic flight, and a bit of a workout. With the way that the suit is designed--heel cups as well as toe cups and with the wrist and toe linked by a direct cut of fabric--your movements are restricted more than other suits. If there is an easy and predictable recovery technique, I have not discovered it or read about it... I only put 3 jumps on the suit, so take my advice FWIW.
I would feel bad about putting an unwitting 1st timer up on it due to the possibility that they could flub their exit or otherwise end up unstable and find their instinctive reactions restricted by the suit.
It had a very nice performance inside a particular range of flight...just the edge cases are a little too much for a typical beginner who's not yet comfortable & familiar with wingsuit flight.
My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?