voodew1

Flock and Dock at ZHills??????

So the forums are getting hammered with the Zhills guys complaining about the wingsuit flyers at their DZ.

If Zhills has that kind of anti - wingsuit attitude is it really the best place for the Flock & Dock --- Florida has lots of DZs and I am really not that excited about that kind of attitude towards wingsuits.

Maybe its just the few crybabies on DZ.com that is putting out that kind of attitude?

I would like to hear from the rest of the Zhills wingsuit flyers -- is it really that bad? I have already booked tickets to Florida along with the rest of the Texas crew but it doesn't mean Zhills is our destination.

We planned this trip to be a fun time and I don't see it being that fun if the rest of the jumpers are constantly complaining about seeing a wingsuit still flying while they were under canopy at 3k.

Lets hear from the rest of the Zhills jumpers

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

So the forums are getting hammered with the Zhills guys complaining about the wingsuit flyers at their DZ.

Then you obviously haven't paid much attention. It is only 1 guy from z-hills. Me!

And, I have no problem with WS flyers. Talk to all the people at the DZ. I have never had a problem with any of them. I have a problem with any skydiver in any discipline who thinks it is cool to endanger other people's safety for their amusement.

To be honest with you, I have never had a problem with anyone in a wingsuit and never really gave it much thought until I saw the wreckless attitudes of some of the people posting in the threads that have been going on.

At this point, I am done talking about this. The people who think it is cool cuz they have mad skills will never get what I have been trying to say, and the people who will get it already do.

Come to z-hills, you will be welcomed like any other jumper. It is an awesome DZ and will be lots of fun. I don't bite and neither do any of the other jumpers.
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

Way to try and stir the pot.:S

I've got a few WS flights at Z-Hills, and I'm well-acquainted with Oren (Okalb), who I have to say is a pretty stand-up guy.

There isn't any animosity. Just follow the rules, don't be an ass, bring your beer, have fun, and you'll get along just fine.;)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Not really. What we have is a bunch of guys that don't trust you to play games with our lives saying so.

I don't think thats unreasonable.

If Zhills has that kind of anti - wingsuit attitude is it really the best place for the Flock & Dock --- Florida has lots of DZs and I am really not that excited about that kind of attitude towards wingsuits.

Zhills has no such attitude. you may think there is one, but there is not. Zhills does like people to try and be safe and they don't much like circus stunt antics risking others for grins.

Hell this is a DZ that atleast every year some jackass tries to jump the fire pit on new years....One time the guy burned his hands so bad his flesh was running off his hands like water....He knew the risks...He took them and he paid the price. No one got upset at that.

The issue is unplanned and uncommunicated buzz jobs of people under canopy. Not WS flight in general.

Some people LIKE BUZZ jobs....Great, fine as long as they agree to it, buzz the shit out of them. But respect that not everyone wants to be your target to play with.

Maybe its just the few crybabies on DZ.com that is putting out that kind of attitude?

Or maybe its ego filled "I know better than you my mad skills and you don't know shit" DZ.commers that don't respect that fact we all have to play nice.

Case in point

Hello,
Check in with all friendly bros.
Get out first, and offset your flight by 100'.
Fly straight down the flight path watching all the friendly bros exits.
After they're all out, fly a bit more before hooking a u-turn.
As you come banking around you look for the Otter diving, hella cool.
Then you fly right down the middle of all the bros,
buzzing them to the left and to the right, like cones.
50' or 500', it's up to you.
You are a flying baracuda amonst a school of whales.
You remember about the dzo,
and dump by the freeflyers canopies to hide your lowpull.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

How many threads are going to be posted with the same issue? The issue was discussed, arguments broke out and conclusions were made. The End. Lets move on. Lets just respect each other (on the ground and in the air) and we will all get along just fine.

Lets stop this mass paranoia that we are suffering from.

Bottom line is Z-Hills is THE place. So what if there were some diffences of opinions and personality clashes. That happens anywhere there is a large gathering of people. The Z-Hills locals are a good and decent friendly bunch.

There you have it. That is the opinion from a Z-Hills wingsuit local a.ka. a Z-Flocker and no less from the guy that was used as an example in this whole mess.

--edited to add:--

If the case was that there is an anti WS attitude, why run away from the problem and not confront it? What I mean by this is we should have a 50+WS event, have a blast and show EVERYONE that we can all play together in the same playground and be respecful and SAFE.

Peace.

WINGSUIT ACROBATICS team O zone
ZF#5 , HISPA#70
Blue Skies...
...Big Fat Clouds

How many threads are going to be posted with the same issue? The issue was discussed, arguments broke out and conclusions were made. The End. Lets move on. Lets just respect each other (on the ground and in the air) and we will all get along just fine.

What he said.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I guess I just got the wrong impression

Just a quick post here (I am away from a computer for the next few weeks). Z-hills has a great wingsuit atmosphere. True, there are one or two people that hum it low on occasion, but that is not indicative of the general state of affairs.

Chuck