Viking

Jump track plots of Birdman Pantz jumps.

I'v have a pair of BASE Pantz on order for some tracking dive fun and was wondering if anyone would be interested in seeing the plots off my pro-track. I have a jacket with an outside breast pocket that i'm put it in to get better readings than in my helmet. So in three weeks or so when i get them in would anyone want to see them?
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

I guess i can give plots from jumps with my rw booty suit and then jeans and a t-shirt to give a comparison.

Just thought it would be fun to see all the number side by side.

do you think i'll get a clean reading if i put the pro track in my chest pocket or should i try to rig a leg strap?

I have heard that the leg is good for recording flight data, but with pants that inflate, there might be issues with the fabric flapping in the wind inducing burbles, and turbulance. I know that is not the techincal terms, but that is what I am thinking might happen. If you can rig them to the MLW like Speed Skydivers do this might be the best way to reccord data. They attach like 2 or more protracks to the MLW and average the speeds. I attached the 2004 rule book to give you a idea of how they reccord flight data.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

hmmmmm that seems like a good idea. Three days and then i'll have my rig and i can start retro fitting my protrak to the mlw.

Ok so here is the first plot this is my first track dive in well over a year so you'll have to forgive the high speeds. lol it was done wearing just shorts and a t-shirt. Jumped with that jackass Sudsyfist.

Slowest i was able to get was 110mph vertical. The dive lasted just shy of 70secs from 14200.

so there ya go. once i get my rig tomorrow i'll be able to do more track dives up at Elsinore and perris. Next time i'll put my bootie suit on and give that a try.

Slowest i was able to get was 110mph vertical. The dive lasted just shy of 70secs from 14200.

so there ya go. once i get my rig tomorrow i'll be able to do more track dives up at Elsinore and perris. Next time i'll put my bootie suit on and give that a try.

Excellent, be sure to post the results. I should be getting a pro-track (or similar) soon, and I've done a lot of work on my tracking (solo max tracks) so it should be interesting to see the result.

Hopefully I'll be under 100 straight off, a 3-way RW I did recently averaged 105 for the whole dive:o - unfortunately the camera man averaged 110[:/].

How do you go about attaching the protrack the MLW?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

How do you go about attaching the protrack the MLW?

Pull ties and rubberbands. When you buy the protrak it will come with a plastic tray. Just fasten that to the mlw. I'm gonna see if there is a way to put the thing behind the mudflap.

ok here are some results from a jeans and long sleeve t-shirt track.

First one is a two way track. I had to dive down to Steve and then flare out into a track hence the high speed of the first 1/4 of the dive. i'm still very rusty and can't seem to keep a steedy fallrate b/c i start getting unstable. >:( thats what you get for not jumping for a year.

Second is a 5-way track. I left WAY late and once again had to dive to catch up to the pack. This time when i went into a track I shot forward like a bullet and over shot the group lol:$:D 85mph is so far my personal best for peak slow fallrate.

Still waiting on my pantz. will be sure to post a bunch of plots from them as soon as i can. along with a plot from my RW suit.

A note about jeans/t-shirt vs booty suit. I never did do a track dive with the RW suit but when i was tracking away at the end of the dives i did wear it the booty suit felt MUCH more stable than jeans/t-shirt. I didn't rock back and worth nearly as much and it just felt smoother.

ya so my estimate of a week was kinda premature.

They are in San Diego and i'm hoping they get here sometime tommorrow.

did 4 track dives on Fri and got my first dock in a track dive!!B|B|

I've NEVER downloaded a jump from a protrack before, but why is there such a big spike in your jump? You go from 140 to 85, then back up to 133....anyone know why this happens?

I did my first sub 100 avg last weekend. Top speed was 112. Top half was 97 MPH...went longer then I thought, so I had to stop at 6K over the DZ till I pulled at 4K...second half was 99 mph (all in a semi-baggy RW bootie suit).

Let me know how the pants are...I was going to jump a PF tracking suit 2 weeks ago, but the weather sucked.

that spike is me pulling out of a dive i was in to catch the pack (exited a little late) I went right into a max track and the vertical speed was converted to horizontal speed and I shot past the formation about 50 feet above them. Then I kinda sank out b/c i am still a little rusty. i think i did that in jeans/t-shirt.

Also my Pantz are HERE!!!!B|B|B|

I got the BASE version and they have four vents in them. Each shin has a 10inx5in vent made of double layer black mesh. There are also two 10inch long thigh vents running from the crotch to the knee, these vents have a piece of fabric that serves as an air scoop to help inflate the pantz even faster when on your belly. As the birdman site says there are no vents on the backside so the pantz will not inflate if your back tracking.

The ankles have double lock velcro and seem very secure. The waist has elastic on the back side metal button closure with zipper and a plastic clip closure over that. The front side of the pantz are made of heavy weight cotton down to the reinforced knees (standard on the BASE version). The Seat,back of the leg and lower leg are made of heavy weight Ballon ZP. The fit and finish are OUTSTANDING and everything is double stitched. Oh ya and there are two HUGE leg pockets that sit right on the top of your leg and two standard pants pockets.

I'm VERY happy with them and can't wait to jump them.

I'll get pictures up asap.

edit: the flaps that cover the zippers on the leg pocket also fan out to catch air. also the entire inside of the pantz have a layer of mesh so you don't stick to inside.:D

I asked if they had stock in my size but they didn't so i ordered custom. Payed $260 total ($60 of that was express shipping from Estonia)

Also if your looking at BM Pantz also check out Phoenix Fly's track suit. The Pantz will run you $269 before shipping.
http://www.phoenix-fly.com/products/pants.htm

sure thing man. I was actually thinking about that when i put my rig on over them.

Ok i put them on over my leg straps. The pants fit a little tighter and you have to let the plastic clip buckle out a little more but they fit just fine.

Ok here they are!! first three jumps with the pantz and I LOVED THEM!!!!

These were all done with the legstraps over the pantz and with over people on the dives. I'm gonna try to get out there in a couple days to do some solo max tracks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/redphoto/sets/1402544/
just click the all sizes icon to see the full screen version.