Calvin19

Wingsuit/aircraft RW

After exit you'll be short on speed, compared to the plane.
Best is to have the pilot make a slight, slow turn, en slighly dive.
That way you'll be able to cut the corner, diving, so you'll pick up speed and you'll be able to match the speed of the airplane.

Depending on how wel you fly you can fly relative to the plane.
A wonderfull example can be seen in Jeb's demoreel, that's on skydivingmovies.com (it's about halfway through the short film, a white/red porter if I remember correctly)

The plane is really flying, and he is coming alongside.
Also try and find Degayardon's footage, where he flies back into the airplane (both p.porters btw)

In those cases, the wingsuiter is really flying relative to the plane, and could fly back in if he/she wanted to (as Deug did)

But another option is to have the pilot dive, and just have him keep turning towards you. This comes down to pilot skill (and madness:P much more) The speeds wil be insane, and it's quite easy to see that this could go horribly wrong.

A good example of 'diving' along with the plane can be seen in this video (about halfway through)
http://www.bird-man.com/video/mccordia_ws_springweek05.wmv

Do be carefull, because it's quite easy for a too eager pilot to make you go splat on the windscreen :)

It's as Charlie Sheen sayd in the film Navy Seals....for god sakes.....be carefull out there...B|;)!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The goal is docking...
and i'm not going to be flying with the ship i exited.
and it does not have a propeler, so thats no problem. I'm jumping from a 2place PA-18, from 22,000MSL.

The ship i will be flying relative with can descend in a straigh line at .7/1-2/1 glide ratio at an indicated 90-140mph. (2000-10,000fpm) this is without a drag chute, i figure it is almost perfect. I flew it myself 2 days ago with a handheld GPS, i think it will work. The Ship will form on me, I will fly at best glide in a straight line.

Now i have to figure out how to get at least 1/1 out of my GTI.

I've seen a video of Patrick Dgayardon "I don't remember were I saw the video ".
Is an old video back in the days at the bugining of wing suit flying , flying a kind of Clasic 1 suit "Orange and white".
He was jumping frome a Caravan doing RW with the plane, he actually was able to jump out of the plane and get back in.

I've heard that they try it like 10 times untill they got it.

So my advice is:
- Try it several times untill the pilot and you figured out the flight plan.
- Start conservative and progress untill you fill confortable.
- Have fun and make sure to post the video
Medusa

Get Killed or Die Trying!
Patent pending ATFK15456

I've seen a video of Patrick Dgayardon "I don't remember were I saw the video ".
Is an old video back in the days at the bugining of wing suit flying , flying a kind of Clasic 1 suit "Orange and white".
He was jumping frome a Caravan doing RW with the plane, he actually was able to jump out of the plane and get back in.

I'd guess that the plane was Pilatus Porter, not a Cessna Caravan ? I've heard (and seen video) about Deug exiting porter and then flying back inside it but never seen (or heard) of him doing the same stunt with Caravan.
http://www.ufufreefly.com

Service ceiling is defined as the maximum altitude at which an aircraft can maintain a rate of climb of 100 fpm. It is not the absolute ceiling that the aircraft can climb to. All aircraft can fly higher than their service ceiling, by definition. But uhhh, I still agree. Good luck getting to 22K. Hope they've got industrial sized oxygen tanks...

Dave

The supercub i am flying is modified for Aerotowing.
it has a 180HP engine and a climb pitch propeller.
trust me, it gets there.
I am a Commercial pilot and i have had this particular supercub to 24,000'msl (kind of legaly:ph34r:) alone, on oxygen, with the Aid of the Lenticular Wave. (the powerplant for those of us who cant afford our own turbine ship, but still want to go deepsky)
I have TOWED a small Sailplane with this airplane to 16,000'
I have already jumped from it without a wingsuit from 18,000msl.
Our Oxygen tanks (for the pilot and I) are large carbon fiber Sailplane tanks. pressure demand, if i am not mistaken.

I also have used, but will not use for this, a small 8"O2 cylinder that i connnect to my helmet, for use after i exit.
sorry i didnt specify.