Travman

BMCI's Down Under!

Jari from Birdman recently made a trip down under. Although he was a bit under the weather he was able to appoint 2 BirdMan Chief Instructors, Greg Cox and Neil Fergie.
They also made a trip up to Picton where they ended up getting about a dozen bird people into the sky (although Fergs managed to injure himself before even leaving the house that day, he was still able to get in the air :P). I'm sure the photos will be in the next ASM.
And now Fergie.. your famous! http://www.bird-man.com/?n=News&id=756
http://www.bird-man.com/?n=News&id=755

Thanks Trav, Ed and Scott,

I must first explan the embarrasing injury - and it all probably started when I caught the dreaded Finnish flu from Jari ... not at the Chicks Rock Boogie like many at the boogie - rather, i actually got it from him even before he left Finland, down on of those high speed ADSL phone lines during a telephone conversation.

So Jari's Canberra week had both of us coughing, spluttering and being miserable in stereo - not a pretty sight. Oh, I'd add that both Jasmin and Jimmy had the very same flu, which prevented them from coming to Canberra for the Over Parliament House flocks.

So pre-dawn our Picton DZ day, I awoke and whilst walking groggily to the kitchen (flu grogginess not alcohol) I walked straight into a wall - hence the blooded nose.

Both Greg Cox and I are delighted with our new BMCI status. We are committed to our first goal - that of getting a BMI at each and every Australian DZ. This will have far reaching as well as immediate benefits for all in our ever growinmg OzFlock!!

We are initially planning three wingsuit training camp weekends in the coming months. At each of these we will run BMI training and exams immediately prior the training camps.

Plan is to hold these at Temora, Picton and then Nagambi. Later on we'll head north to Queensland DZ's. Then it'll be west.

It's all good.

It's also newsworthy to describe Jari and my day sailing. We took my boat out on the friday afternoon - a seemingly picture perfect sailing day. Well, not long after setting sail, a huge front came through - and keep in mind we were still two flu-ridden, not fully functional folk - with much wind and waves.

So we decided to take refuge on an island and have lunch at the same time. After getting all of our food and drinks to a table on the island we sat and prepared lunch. The wind was certainy blowing. I opened a bottle of beer and set it on the table. Immediately a gust came through and literally blew the full beer bottle away. Never a dull moment!!

Blue Skies and long flights,

fergs
BMCI

Kevin,

Aha, I knew you'd be looking in - so the tie was for YOU!!!

And anyhow, it was a flock over our Parliament House, so formal attire was entirely appropriate. If ever you get to flock over your U.S. Capitol, then I'd suggest you too will wear a tie, ha!

Thanks for the congrats note - it'll help me finally recover from the last of this Finnish Flu.

Blue Skies,

fergs

If ever you get to flock over your U.S. Capitol, then I'd suggest you too will wear a tie, ha!

A tie will only produce more drag when his wingsuit flyin' ass is shot down by the F18 fighters. :ph34r::P

Be safe.
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

WHOA! Fergs and Greg, congrats mates!

I have personally flown with both of them... hell i've even flown both of their suits... and broke greg's alti, hehe. i do have to say that this is a wonderful addition to the birdman family and i am very proud of them both. fergs was always helping me out when for my few months in oz while i had issues with my "broken" suit and was always there to help a lending hand. i really couldnt be more proud of them both.

CONGRATS TO THE AUSSIE FLOCKERS!

oh yeah, fergs, i pinched lisa's ass for you...:P

Hey Bobby,

Great to hear from you and thanks for the nice words.

I hope everything is fine for you now that you are back in the US.

So as you can see, we are moving in the right direction. How about coming back fto Oz or a few months?

Blue Skies,

fergs

Hello "TAILPLANE"!!
We were talking about you this week- but the footage we have of your infamous jump doesn't seem to want to play??!!! Might be coming to Maryland later this year for work, will let you know....
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."