Viking

Jumping a PF Track Suit until I am current enough for a Wingsuit....

Is it safe for someone with my little jump numbers to go right into a track suit? Is this a good way to get ready for a wingsuit?
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Is it safe for someone with my little jump numbers to go right into a track suit?

Anyone can jump in a tracking suit, just be current in you emergency procedures like every skydiver should be.

Is this a good way to get ready for a wingsuit?

A tracking suit will not "help" you get ready for a wingsuit unless you apply the flying techniques and pulling techniques as used while jumping a wingsuit, and that can be done without a tracking suit.

Be safe.
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Whats your currency level? How large of groups are you going to be flying with?

LOL :$:$ ummmm last jump i made was at wffc 04.

I'm not gonna buy the track suit right away i still have to get buy my rig and get recurrent.

I wouldn't be suprised if it takes me a year and a half to get into a WS.>:(:D

A tracking suit will not "help" you get ready for a wingsuit unless you apply the flying techniques and pulling techniques as used while jumping a wingsuit, and that can be done without a tracking suit.

Be safe.
Ed

what i ment by "help me prepare" is that I'v read from people that own the PF suit that it feels alot like an entry lvl wingsuit (sans wings ofcourse). Should I not bother with the pf suit and just stick to normal track dives in an RW suit, or should i take it a stepup so i'm somewhat prepared for the physical demands of a wingsuit.

If the thing you want to do is fly wingsuits, I'd say the PF track suit is a good way to get some of the fun before you get up to a wingsuit.

If you don't want to drop the cash, you can also just manufacture your own "smoke suit" tracking suit for 20 bucks or so. PF suit will fly better, but a smoke suit will be fun to fly, and cheap.

In terms of training, I dunno. Probably not so useful. But in terms of getting some of the fun without actually getting into the suit, it might get you motivated and flying.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Arthur

Some techniques you can do to prepare you to fly a wingsuit are as follows:
Practice exiting with your hands in front of you elbows at your sides, keeping stable with your chest to the relative wind, and when clear of the horizontal stablizer open up into a similar body position as if in a wingsuit.
This means extend your legs and point your toes as if tracking, but have your feet at least 30" apart.
Bring your arms out, stopping your elbows at about 45 degrees away from your body.
Next focus on keeping your palms to the sky and roll your shoulders forward. Make sure your body is flat and after you have good stability in the position you be able to push your butt up to creat better lift in your track.
Doing simulated practice pulls is good also during your flight.
Relax your legs to slow your forward drive, bring both hands back and grab the bottom of your container as if you have a throw out on each side.
Keeping you head looking forward, arch just alittle and throw your pc, again, as if you were throwing a pc out of each side of your container.
After you've pulled, try not to grab your risers (as many jumpers are told to do these days) and while keeping your legs together, ride though your canopy opening until it fully inflated.
Before unstowing your toggles, simulate unzipping your arms, look for traffic and steer clear of other traffic if you need to, then unzip your legs.
Now you can unstow your toggles and fly your canopy to the LZ.

I hope this helps. :)
Be safe.
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Is it safe for someone with my little jump numbers to go right into a track suit? Is this a good way to get ready for a wingsuit?

Why would it be less safe that just tracking? You can get ready for wingsuit without tracking suit, just practice exit, and deployment.

When I flew my PF tracking suit the first time, by deployment time I had forgotten about the suit and thought I was flying wingsuit, clicked my legs and pulled as if I actually was flying wingsuit and then under canopy when I tried to unzip, I remembered that there was no wingsuit :D. It's really fun to fly it.
lego

off course it will help!!

I did like 3 jumps on the PF tracking suit, and it really help me to realize that the deley time is longer, the distance you cover is larger, the little movements you do with your body can mean allot when flying a Ws.
So when you go ahead and try the WS it will not get you off guard. ;)

but don't waste your time playing around and go ahead and practice all the exercises bodypilot1 toald you about, it will really help.

Pilotdave is right, Don't rush it. Once you make your first jump you will realized that it really worth the wait. B|

see yaa
Medusa

Get Killed or Die Trying!
Patent pending ATFK15456