Viking

If you couldn't jump your wingsuit anymore would you still jump?

I havn't made a wingsuit jump yet, but looking at all the other disiplines its the only thing that interests me (besides track dives). Would you go back to normal skydiving if you couldn't fly?

edit: to make it Couldn't grrrrr i always do that shit>:(:D
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Yes of course, variety is the what makes the different discplines more challenging. Life is too short to just stick to one discpline, whilst you might do 70-90% WS jumps there is so many other areas which you should try. With 89 jumps no offence but you have barely dipped you feet in the water and its a very big river. You will gain key skills from other discplines also, back flying, 3dflight, RW, tracking, CRW etc etc its alll air awareness.

Have fun and fly lots whether with wings or without.

Cheers

Fraser
Dont just talk about it, Do it!

I agree that my feet are barely wet so to speak. But for the past Four years almost i'v been asking questions and learning about the sport from everyone on this sight. I know I don't know everything b/c i havn't done everything but i do I know without a dought that wingsuit flight is the only thing that really sparks me into thinking "I WANNA DO THAT!!!:o" I also know I have to get atleast 200 jumps under my belt before i even think of asking Chuck, Scott, or anyone else for that matter to teach me how. :)
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

I'm kinda the same, just thinking about what I want to do wingsuits are the freefall discipline thats really motivating me to crack out the jumps and keep progressing.

On the other hand I did a really cool 8-way a few weekends ago, last saturday I did a solo sit/ stand that was my best yet (had me buzzing for the rest of the week) and my sabre 150 is so much fun it's unreal.

I should have the jumps to start wingsuiting towards the end of this summer but in the mean time I can have a shitload of fun getting there.B|:)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

200 jumps in 18 months or 500 jumps with less currency ;) 80 some jumps over 4 years is not near the currency levels needed for a Flight. But in no time you can get up to the levels needed so it might not be that far off.

I take my suit off and freefly, do some RW, play with the belly flyers and swoop my canopy. I love my suit... but there is so much else out there in the sport that I love too.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

after 2000 + wingsuit jumps, I still like to swoop, to Base, to hang with other,no matter which type of jump they prefer, try the phoenix track suit, its as close to flying a suit,without having the jump #s
Only he can be happy,who can make his the present hour,for today he has lived

I was able to keep up with a fat man in a GTI ising my phoenix setup... he had more forward speed but I was on level with him

i was able to get a temp speed of 53 after a dive
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I don't own a suit but i've done a few flights and some pretty cool big way flocking at the likes of WFFC. Without a doubt it's one of the coolest things i've ever done but i so enjoy flying my body as well, ie. freefly, tracking, etc that i don't think i could ever limit myself to just ws.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky