SCARYPERRY

Vampire flight

Ok ya"ll,my back is better and getting stronger,was able to put some jumps on the vampire this weekend.Please remember I am not in great shape shape yet,but hear is what I noticed... Inflation is very fast,tucked wings for a second and popped them open as cleared tail of otter!! I owe beer cause I never saw top of otter after exit before!!Did 5 on it and 4 jumps went 3 min + with averages about 40mph. Found that totally rexaling and LETTING suit fly on its own worked the best!! Very little fatigue.All pulls where above 2500 ft so with a little more pushups and crunches and stretching will really be able to fly in next few weeks.Did a jump on my S3 and there is still a bit of ease in fling it, times where faster, but I was tired!! As new things appear on the market lets all try to be open minded and explore the flight!!! Have jumped the S fly, liked some things, other things where different,not bad,just different. Cant wait to try a sugar glider or the russian suit! Oh did I say RUSSIAN? Yes my friends, things are happening all over the world!!Lets not be closed minded and discount anything new..I remember round parachutes, do you?
Only he can be happy,who can make his the present hour,for today he has lived

the russian suit! Oh did I say RUSSIAN? Yes my friends, things are happening all over the world!!Lets not be closed minded and discount anything new..I remember round parachutes, do you?

Do you think they'll sponsor a "comrade instructorski" program?:o

They will. They use few words. They train... train... train... They make 3 jumps per hour .They train...train...train

I'm sure they do, They will have a song about it and drink copious amounts of vodka while they sing it. " cheers to the ving zuits instructorski"!

oh oh would that make it "third"world war? The had a suit there, kinda a cross between early classic and gti... It flew pretty good!! jari heads over this spring to get then up to speed and jump the heli"s

Have you found the forward speed signifcantly greater than the S3?

Hope mine shows up soon....it's been 14 weeks now [:/]

I broke 150 mph ground speed yesterday in my Gti with uppers 55-60 kts!
With fall rate average of 47 a good portion of the flight was over 3:1 G/R
GPS locked up trying to update logbook software now it won't turn on…aarrggh!
The display had best pace at a 24 second mile.
Felt like I could fly over the horizon and keep on going….

I wondered what the V1 could have done...B|

Have you found the forward speed signifcantly greater than the S3?

Hope mine shows up soon....it's been 14 weeks now [:/]

I broke 150 mph ground speed yesterday in my Gti with uppers 55-60 kts!
With fall rate average of 47 a good portion of the flight was over 3:1 G/R
GPS locked up trying to update logbook software now it won't turn on…aarrggh!
The display had best pace at a 24 second mile.
Felt like I could fly over the horizon and keep on going….

I wondered what the V1 could have done...B|

Jim,

Do you have a Garmin Foretrex 201?? I updated the software on that unit and it stopped connecting to the serial interface. Garmin switched out the unit for me.

Kris.

Soon we fly again!! Wanna start some wingsuit trouble again this summer? I am thinken RANCH July 4th?? Come on birds, lets have a gunfight at the ranch, bring your paintballs and boxen gloves!!!

So I guess I'll have to wait for a tornado before I can pass you even on my S-3. 150 kts. groundspeed is definitely smokin! I'm going to pick up my new/old rig from VSE on Friday and hopefully make a few jumps on the way home, it'd be great if you can come out. Flying over the horizon is one of my goals.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

HOLY SHIT BATMAN!
Now we're cookin' with grease!!
B|
Made two semi-2 ways with Martini today.

This thing ROCKS!!
Even with the few practice pulls and finding the best position, I covered 2 miles in about a minute.
Didn't have GPS but fall rate was around 33 for about 10 seconds before I started the practice pulls.
Forward speed was incredible. I could tell by the clouds I was flying next to- very quickly!

UP, UP AND AWAY!
WEEEEEE!!!!!

Jim and I got off the C-206 at about 12k together, He on his new V-1 and me on my S-3 (which I admittedly don't fly well yet). Jim instantly accelerated up and away from me, within 30 seconds he was just a dot. It looked like he was jet propelled. I mean seriously smokin. Holy shit Fishman!! I'm guessing his forward speed at 120-140 mph. On his initial V-1 jump no less. Second jump Jim graciously tries to fly next to me but soon finds that going that slow is too tiring and again rockets away. The only saving grace for me is that he's throwing high on the new V-1 and I'm throwing, um, not high so getting some consolation time. I want a V-1 BAD. I mean BAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!
Sometimes you eat the bear..............