bodypilot1

WRW Wingsuits

I wish I had a tailwing extention and have thought of adding lead on some jumps. (Which I wouldn't do, I don't think.)

This may be food for thought for the wingsuit makers Kim. ;)

Custom modifications for specific body types?

On the big ways I suggested for some (lighter people that had S3's) to think about jumping maybe a smaller suit, like a GTI, or maybe think of adding some weight to stay down with the formation since our base was setting a faster fallrate.

It's not easy sometimes to fly with your wings collapsed to speed up your desent, and yet remain flying sloothly in a tight formation.

The suit that may be possibly made for the shorter lightweight person in this case would be made with less arm wing and an extention of the legwing and back deflector for more drive.

I think that as we get into more WRW (wingsuit relative work), and flying tight formations or 3 demensional formations, this modification for custom suits will be a common thing, should the makers offer such orders.

What are some of thoughts of other wingsuit pilots?

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I wish I had a tailwing extention and have thought of adding lead on some jumps. (Which I wouldn't do, I don't think.)

This may be food for thought for the wingsuit makers Kim. ;)

I think Jimmy Trantor ( spl ) would be the expert on flying something like this. I don't know for sure if He has wingsuit experience. I would be crazy enough to try this if someone was crazy enough to video my try.. and of course provide the freedive fins. My scuba pro fins are square and have too much drag, these look sleek.

I have some video of a Norwegian BASE jumper off a big wall there, taking fins (and a scuba mask and snorkel, actually) to terminal. He actually had a massively good track, but he porpoised quite a bit, because he kept going head low and recovering.

Interesting stuff, though...
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Funny enough Jimmy Joined us on one of our birdman big way jumps. I asked him to come play he said, ok do you have a suit, I gave him a S3 rig and all and he came along. He got in the jump and had a lot of fun, he did say "I dont know why you guys wear those suits can I come along later with my Freefly suit" I wish he could have made it, Id love to see how well he would have done.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Ha... Glen... perfect, that's exactly what I need! Fins and a weightbelt to keep the fwd and downwardwith the longlegged fatboys. :D

Me too!!! I'm a floaty girl and haven't quite mastered the angle I need to maintain to keep forward drive without getting floaty!:S

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here