wingnut

exiting a cessna 182

okay i have seen video here of a couple exits from a 182 and tried to do it myself a couple weeks back... my question is.. how the hell do you get out of the plane and hold on to the strut.. when i tried to stick my legs outside they just kept blowing back and i couldn't get anykind of foot hold even with the leg wing together so it wouldn't inflate.. finally gave up and just rolled out pushing off the step...

Spend more time in the gym doing PT and you won't have those issues.:P I know women who have no trouble climbing out and jamming the step with people in a suit. Did the pilot cut before you climbed, I mean rolled out?
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

not sure if he gave muh of a cut right now or not...

If he didn't give it any cut or began to speed up as you were getting out then it's gonna be a bit more dificult than normal. Like Chuck said, just get a good firm plant on the step,grab strut and pivot out hard keeping your wings closed and chest close to the strut
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

thanks for the info guys.... i'll have to mske sure i get a decent cut next time and will definatly try it again.... by the way do you know how fast your normal jump run speed is with the cut....

I don't know if there is a best way as you can do either once your comfortable with it. For launching 182 bigways you load the step just like you would for a 4 way. It is possible to get 3 people out on the step and the 4th to dive. It is easier to poise off of the step as opposed to diving as it takes a bit to learn how to find your wings without tumbling.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Did you check out flybirdman.com? step by step instructions and videos for that exit.

Kevin

yeah i did, was just curious which one was the best and or easiest to do for a beginner.

Probably hanging from the strut. The one the video shows.. Only because when you dive off backwards it cancels out some of the air speed and it's actually less stable than the poised.

Kevin

thanks for the info. About how long out should I take the spot? Of course it varies on the uppers and winds etc. Also about www.flybirdman.com their link to hooking up a wingsuit is broken. I've read the manual on www.bird-man.com but didn't know if they had pictures etc explaing it a bit more.
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

I did a cool one Saturday off the strut in my S3. I sit on the front edge of the door sill and bring both lets out together and put both feet together on the step, then put my chest and penguin arms on the strut.

It really is the nicest exit out there, I think. Very, very smooth.

Did you check out flybirdman.com? step by step instructions and videos for that exit

yup i saw the video and all... that's where i knew it was posible to do it....