jmfreefly

Birdman Color Issues?

Has anyone else out there had issues with the colors of the newer materials from Birdman? I got my new S3, and the Navy Blue looks like a dark Teal.

I had Kim from Birdman send me swatches, and the Navy swatch was what I would think Navy would look like. But the suit is definately from a different color 'strain'.

So, my suit is on its way back to Kim, and a newer one to be made. (Thanks to Kim and Birdman for doing what they can to make things correct -- the suit also had oversight on other color specifications).

But now I am going to have to wait another 4-5 weeks for them to 'rush' to rebuild the suit. This will easily turn into a 6 month endeavor.. cripes.

Anybody have similar issues with color hues?? Part of me thinks "Geeze, color issues are so petty" but the other part says "Heck, you pay over $1k for a suit, it better be what you ordered, color and all!"

j

Regarding colors, specifically the silver, how does it wear Kevin?? Is it still shiny, or beginning to fade a little?? Would you reccommend it?
ThanksBlair

Not sure what you mean by "recommend" it has lost some of it's luster, but still looks decent. There haven't been any serious wear issues.

What you actually get can be very different from what you saw in color samples on any jumpsuit (or container or canopy for that matter). Different dye lots of the exact same color can be and often are a bit different shade from each other.

Pretty cool that they're going to rebuild it.

What you actually get can be very different from what you saw in color samples on any jumpsuit (or container or canopy for that matter). Different dye lots of the exact same color can be and often are a bit different shade from each other.

Pretty cool that they're going to rebuild it.

No doubt there can be differences. However, this was basically a darker vesion of the 'teal' that you see at the top of the dropzone.com border.. which is (in my mind) not something that can be called Navy. The Home/News... color is a shade of Navy.

Anyway.. it is cool that they are going to rebuild it, and try to make ammends. It isn't cool that it wasn't done right in the first place (there was another issue which wasn't to spec). I understand that mistakes happen.

In my jump career, I have bought (custom)... 2 wingsuits, 2 custom rigs, 2 custom canopies, 4 jumpsuits. I have never received an item on-time (as in the longest date they quoted) and to spec.

A few have been right, like my most recent Wings (but not my first one), and my Icarus Crossfire, but they were about 1.5 the quoted time. (The Crossfire
was held up because of the whole trim issue).

Ah well.. at least I am on the ground now (recovering from Lasik surgery) and am not hankerin for the suit.

j

hi,

The material we are using for Wing suit is West Mark-balloon'' US made material.
Navy blue is very dark and it is not like corrdura or parapack navy blue. It is more dark. Royal blue is like usual royal blue.
Regards
Robert

Like I said in my original post, it is a hue issue, not a lightness issue. Let me know if Kim sends the suit back to you. I would love to know whether you would
concur with my assessment.

If you compare the tealish color in the top border of dropzone.com with the Home/News... color. That is the best comparison I can make.

I tried to take a digital picture, but the flash bleeds out the colors and you can't see the difference. But, once I saw the swatches, I knew it wasn't the same.

I suspect that maybe you guys received an off-color batch?

PM me if you want more information/clarification.

Thanks for the followup. While I am grumbling about it not being 'perfect', I definitely applaud your companys business ethic to make the situation right.

Can't wait to fly it.

j

Ah well.. at least I am on the ground now (recovering from Lasik surgery) and am not hankerin for the suit

How long are you taking off after the surgery? I had it 3 years ago, and the doc told me to take a month off....Jokingly, I told him I'd only be able to hold out for a week...he countered with 2 weeks. B| I ended up waiting a month due to weather and a move, but on my 7 day checkup he told me I could jump and dive as soon as I wanted to....just wear good eye protection.

3 years later, 20/20 each eye, 20/15 or better when testing with both together. No side effects that lasted more than 2-3 weeks(night vision stuff only).

Mike

In my jump career, I have bought (custom)... 2 wingsuits, 2 custom rigs, 2 custom canopies, 4 jumpsuits. I have never received an item on-time (as in the longest date they quoted) and to spec.

No doubt, I understand exactly what you mean. A whole bunch of us were promised a Xmas video on the 6th. But, patience is a virtue and I am not a whiner:o

[replyNo doubt, I understand exactly what you mean. A whole bunch of us were promised a Xmas video on the 6th. But, patience is a virtue and I am not a whiner:o

Look SF, you are on a one month timeout.. no promises were ever made. Keep it up and I will make it two! :)
B said you better wear a cup to the NYE party..

Ah well.. at least I am on the ground now (recovering from Lasik surgery) and am not hankerin for the suit

How long are you taking off after the surgery? I had it 3 years ago, and the doc told me to take a month off....Jokingly, I told him I'd only be able to hold out for a week...he countered with 2 weeks. B| I ended up waiting a month due to weather and a move, but on my 7 day checkup he told me I could jump and dive as soon as I wanted to....just wear good eye protection.

3 years later, 20/20 each eye, 20/15 or better when testing with both together. No side effects that lasted more than 2-3 weeks(night vision stuff only).

Mike

The doc said a month for 'pressure sports'. It is already past a month, but with the weather, holidays, and trying to satisfy whiny jumpers by finishing our dz's year-end video..