BravestDog

How dangerous is this wingsuit flying mountain swoop video?

[QUOTE]Actually, I am[/QUOTE]

Ah, that's where you'll lose most people then I guess in this discussion. I'm only interested about whats being done. You could throw out anything as theoretically possible. It's still not very interesting.

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

Ah, that's where you'll lose most people then I guess in this discussion. I'm only interested about whats being done. You could throw out anything as theoretically possible. It's still not very interesting.

Asking how dangerous a successful stunt was requires you to theorize about the other possible outcomes and the factors involved in the success of the stunt. If you only analyze "what's being done", then every successful stunt is safe, and every failed one is dangerous.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Agreed. I am damn sure Loic just didn't go up there one time and say "let's see what I can get away with.

Yeah, people only saw one flight, not all the practice jumps beforehand. Similar to Patric de Gayardon's stunt when he flew into the Grand Canyon. He made many jumps, getting progressively closer (Sector ad?) but of course people only saw the final flight. Based on just that you might think it was reckless if you didn't know the planning and preparation involved.

Will

[QUOTE]Agreed. I am damn sure Loic just didn't go up there one time and say "let's see what I can get away with." Speculation and theory are a part of the science as well.[/QUOTE]

Definitely, like any stunt I'm sure a lot of planning went into it. I respect that, obviously. I still think its lame for people that don't even fly a wing suit to be theorizing about glide angle, etc. Well, maybe not lame, but sort of silly.

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

I still think its lame for people that don't even fly a wing suit to be theorizing about glide angle, etc. Well, maybe not lame, but sort of silly.

The pioneers of wingsuit (or any new) technology spent a great deal of time theorizing about something they had never done. Pretty silly, huh?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com