rigga

Rodeo action

Did my premier rodeo at the weekend - took a freeflyer friend of mine Laura for a ride on the back of my birdman suit - worked like a dream! Does that make me into a jumpship?

There's just too much fun to be had...! B|

Rigga

Hey Lou,
how's your fallrate on a rodeo? I took Kelly (Skygod777) out on a rodeo bird jump this weekend and we were like an anvil. Granted I was rusty at flying the suit and kelly's no lightweight. He was also squirming around on me a lot, which made it hard...

Just wondering.

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

My fall rate on that dive was about the same as a floaty RW diverm in the 100 teens or there about. I was flying dirty(legs up ) so Mike could stay with me. Mike wore a camera suit and moved all around us but then again he is a phenom in the sky. Another camera guy flew with us on the practice run and wasn't able to get as close or stay relative no matter how dirty I got. The rider has to be equally good at flying the top part otherwise it's hard to control. Whenever BB moved her hands/arms I could feel the inputs and had to compensate somewhat. A good camera man should be able to keep up with wings, it's harder when the camera man is in a Birdman suit to stay with the rodeo.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Hey Lou,
how's your fallrate on a rodeo? I took Kelly (Skygod777) out on a rodeo bird jump this weekend and we were like an anvil. Granted I was rusty at flying the suit and kelly's no lightweight. He was also squirming around on me a lot, which made it hard...

Just wondering.

peace
lew

I've done rodeos on my s3 where i was totally punched out as much as I could go and i was doing 115 or so..

Whenever BB moved her hands/arms I could feel the inputs and had to compensate somewhat.

What a bunch of BS! If you weren't flyin' so dirty I wouldn't have had to make corrections at the top.:P
:)
He is right tho, in order for it to go off smoothly the rider can not turtle and has to fly the top.

Another camera guy flew with us on the practice run and wasn't able to get as close or stay relative no matter how dirty I got.

Guess I don't need to say anymore on that....;)
edited to say...Real women fly their Birdmen;):P

Excellent pic Lou! :)
I have to confess that I wasn't sure how well the rodeo would go - would have been a bit frustrating if she had fallen off my back on exit!

Worked like a dream though - she's only a small lass and we popped out nicely on heading - control-wise it didn't feel too much different to normal to me.

I know of a few people that have done rodeo flock dives, has anyone done any docking? I could imagine a great dive where the birdflyer and passenger link together!

Rigga

know of a few people that have done rodeo flock dives

We will be launching a dual sky:ph34r: only rodeo out in Eloy during the X-mas boogie and Mike M. has agreed to shoot that one as well, so the pictures should be just as great. We'll have to see how it goes but I see no reason why sky:ph34r:one and I can't get a quick dock in with the women striking a pose;)
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

What a bunch of BS! If you weren't flyin' so dirty I wouldn't have had to make corrections at the top.

Corrections? Hell try back seat flying......no, fly over there, not there , there. Wait a minute let me move my ass around a bit until I'm good and comfortable then I'll smile for the camera BWAAAAAHHHH:D;):P You are the bomb diggity babe. It is babe isn't it?;)
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

yeah, we were close to 130, but betsy is probably half the weight of kelly. No offense kelly... it was a fun jump, i'd wanted to try it. Talk about wiggly though, Kelly kept moving around and at one point slid down onto my legs and was only holding on by my laterals... Cajones tried to fly with us and he did, video isn't that great, cause we couldn't fly straight.

i'm game for trying it again... i'd like to be the rider sometime too...

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

yeah, we were close to 130, but betsy is probably half the weight of kelly. No offense kelly... it was a fun jump, i'd wanted to try it. Talk about wiggly though, Kelly kept moving around and at one point slid down onto my legs and was only holding on by my laterals... Cajones tried to fly with us and he did, video isn't that great, cause we couldn't fly straight.

i'm game for trying it again... i'd like to be the rider sometime too...

peace
lew

Hey you can ride my space suit :-)

Cajones tried to fly with us and he did, video isn't that great, cause we couldn't fly straight.

I am still amazed at Mike ability to fly around us when he did that shoot. He got up pretty damn close to us and was moving all around us as if we were standing still no matter the axis, even head on. The guy is just that bad ass.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Corrections? Hell try back seat flying......no, fly over there, not there , there. Wait a minute let me move my ass around a bit until I'm good and comfortable then I'll smile for the camera BWAAAAAHHHH You are the bomb diggity babe. It is babe isn't it?

Bwahhhhhhhhh yeah Lou...I flew ya like a cheap kite;)
It IS babe!:P

humm beat you on that... i guess i owe beer? it was at eloy xmas boogie... with crystal sanchez i think her name is... boy was that a wild ride... on exit we went into a 360 spin... spun about 7 times... got ti on video on the video server somewhere...

HAPPY VIBES TO ALL IN THE RODEO CLUB
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...