Viking

What are the physical differences Classic II vs GTi

I am just wondering what the main physical differences are between these two suits and how those differences effect the flight of either.

also yes i know i don't have the experience to jump one yet but i am learning as much as i can now. :)
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

do a search for my bird man posts... i posted a pic compairing my classic to my sf3.. its not what you want exaclty, but hey i am trying....

I can only talk about the classic 1 and the sf3 as those aree the only two suits I own. The classic is an easy to learn suit, and as with everything if you are calm and relaxed you will learn aloot faster,

same goes for the sf3. the sf3 is a bit picky about optimal body position but you fall into it after a couple jumps.

thats all i can offer now, seeing i am still in asscrackistan....
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I am just wondering what the main physical differences are between these two suits and how those differences effect the flight of either.

also yes i know i don't have the experience to jump one yet but i am learning as much as i can now. :)

Besides the obvious wing size difference, the profile that the suit creates (the profile of the inflated wings, etc) is different.

Thanx dude :)edit: hey is this the pic you were talking about?

Spidermonkey i have been to there site countless times and read the discriptions. I was hoping for first hand explanations from people that aren't being payed by bird-man.

LOL:D for some reason that just made me laugh for a solid minute! lol

care to elaborate on those.........differences?

going from my GTI to the SF3 i felt (on the first 2 or 3 jumps) that my gti was actually more responsive.. once I learned how to fly the SF3 i've realized the SF3 is just freaking unbeliveable! And i'm still learning how to fly it correctly :)

So it takes alot of effort to fly it correctly?
how many jumps did you have when you did your first Bird-Man jump?

Hey looking at some pics on the birdman site. On the classic you can turn your feet outward (or in my case inward lol:S) would that help or hinder lift?

Hey looking at some pics on the birdman site. On the classic you can turn your feet outward (or in my case inward lol:S) would that help or hinder lift?

Since you are a freak of nature;), yes, you could turn your feet any way that you like and it will help you to tighten your leg wing. Most people point their toes or slightly point them outward.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Ya i have read that turning your feet outward but swept back (exposing the sides of your feet) can help your track alot. Plus if your wearing a jumpsuit with booties or a wingsuit it looks like it would pull some of the fabric sideways giving you yet more surface area.

here a pic off the Birdman side of a classic. You can turn your feet with out effecting the tail wing.
http://www.bird-man.com/Images/parachutist1enhanced.jpg

Thats kind of a weird shot and I don't know what he's got going on with that one foot but if your foot is capable of doing that then it is possible. In your case I wouldn't be surprised to see you with your feet pointing backwards;)
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

bwahhahahaha look damnit just b/c i can twist them around like bettle juice doesn't make me a freak!>:(:D:D:D

bwahhahahaha look damnit just b/c i can twist them around like bettle juice doesn't make me a freak!>:(:D:D:D

Hey it's all goody in the hoody bro. We'll just say your feet aren't directionaly challenged;):D
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Anyone else ever try turning there feet toes out and back? It looks like it wouldn't work in a Skyflyer or S3 b/c the leg wing comes down to your toes almost.

In your skyflyer do you do it to keep the trailing edge of the tail wing tight or to present more of your feet to the wind? Does that help with stability?