waltappel

Any good CRW jump stories from this weekend?

A lot of iffy weather this weekend so I didn't even go to the DZ and I'm fucking jonesing for some CRW!!!!

Anyone have any good CRW jumps this weekend you care to share?

Walt

Nothing too exciting but Leapdog and myself did a two way sunset CRW jump friday evening at the RR Brothers Family Reunion Boogie. 2 way rotations till 4000 ft when we went into a down plane, broke it and got back to a two stack for the landing. On landing we could hear everybody yelling and cheering. Later we found out they were cheering because the beer light had been turned on....

How do ya like it Johnny?

Nothing too exciting but Leapdog and myself did a two way sunset CRW jump friday evening at the RR Brothers Family Reunion Boogie. 2 way rotations till 4000 ft when we went into a down plane, broke it and got back to a two stack for the landing. On landing we could hear everybody yelling and cheering. Later we found out they were cheering because the beer light had been turned on....

Glad to hear you had some CRW fun this weekend! That jump must have really rocked doing it on a sunset load.:)
Walt

A lot of iffy weather this weekend so I didn't even go to the DZ and I'm fucking jonesing for some CRW!!!!

Anyone have any good CRW jumps this weekend you care to share?

Walt

You are SUCH an addict! :D

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Majorly mad at myself for not bringing my lightning to Alaska. Found out there are some locals that do CRW up there.... NEXT TIME :-)

CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Let's see
First jump 5 stack to 5way kite to 5 way box. Then just some post stacks.
Second jump, with newbie pilot who couldn't keep the offset flying a straight line. broke off then did stacks to stacks. Flying pieces is fun!
Third jump, started with a 4 stack which (with the help of the turbulance) became a 4 way plane, which streched out (see turbulance above) to a stack to a "Let's break this down".
By the time we landed it was almost noon. We figured "almost noon " is close enough and we headed to the bar.
Yea, a good day!!!
CRW Skies
Frank
CRW Diva #58

YES!

made first-contact on Friday. :)
3 of us did some proximity flying out of the 182. Bumped end-cells with one guy. (Me on my Pilot 188 @1.4, he on his Vengeance 97 @1.5 ish i think) Needless to say, he was pretty far in brakes to stay with me :P.

Did some more on Sunday. Bumped cells with another buddy with his Xfire2 119. (again, lots of brakes for him)

Wow this shit is FUN!

Any tips for staying with guys with faster canopies so they don't have to work as hard? (front risers are a bit hard to hang on to for more than a few seconds at a time - hehe)

more is in store B|

Try getting with someone that has the right equipment first and knowledge. Bumping end cells can be fun but CRW with the wrong stuff can be very dangerous.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

NEXT TIME :-)

CReW Skies,

I thought you took up bowling...;)

Kevin K.

Why in the world would i do that? You know that's not true.

CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM